And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on February 07, 2018, 07:22:23 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 07, 2018, 04:34:50 PM
They were 20 of them against two cops watching the prisoner. So yeah, they won. No dead or seriously injuried though. This was on the border with Gibraltar, our little Ciudad Juárez.

Fuck. Then it is like Mexico. The bad guys always seem to win there, it is infuriating.

Well, the two cops - sensibly I'd say - thought it was a terrible idea to start a shootout in a hospital so they were overpowered easily. Apparently the dude they had in custody wasn't even a VIP, hence the light security.

Drug-related violence is growing in that neck of the woods (unsurprisingly, since it's an impoverished area right in the middle of the drug smuggling route from North Africa to Spain and France), hopefully it doesn't get out of control.

The Brain

I was browsing Amazon and looked at a book about WW2 aircraft. Top reviewer wrote that the nude/semi-nude nose art unfortunately made it impossible for him to share the book with children and teenagers. This is why we are failing as a species. We don't deserve to have human civilization dominate this galaxy, let insect civlization have it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2018, 07:06:25 PM
JAB is a company domiciled in Luxembourg, owned by the German Reitmann family.  Members of the family "reportedly" take a vow at 18 not to publicly discuss the business.

Recently they acquired Dr. Pepper Snapple.  They had previously bought Keurig, Krispy Kreme, and Panera.

No t.

I wonder what's their infatuation with buying drink providing companies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

The EU parliament has voted to end summer time, or at least to try and convince the commission to consider rewriting a law about it. Something might happen in 2023.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on February 08, 2018, 09:25:51 AM
I was browsing Amazon and looked at a book about WW2 aircraft. Top reviewer wrote that the nude/semi-nude nose art unfortunately made it impossible for him to share the book with children and teenagers. This is why we are failing as a species. We don't deserve to have human civilization dominate this galaxy, let insect civlization have it.

Gotta admit, I do get a little nervous with my kids when we walk by this at the Air Force Museum: http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/196286/consolidated-b-24d-liberator/

Next time we're there I'm sure I'll have to explain it.  I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

The swearing is more of a concern than a 1940s pinup picture of a woman.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on February 08, 2018, 09:25:51 AM

Those selfish World War II airmen assholes should have had their priorities straight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

I just turned down a $1500-$2000 commission to make seven books. :weep:

So little time in life...
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on February 08, 2018, 01:22:20 PM

:console: Man you would have loved to do that to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Yep...

On the plus side, part of the reason I had to turn it down is because I'm competing in an art competition the first weekend of March. So, you know, no pay, but still.... art stuff.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on February 08, 2018, 03:21:44 PM
Yep...

On the plus side, part of the reason I had to turn it down is because I'm competing in an art competition the first weekend of March. So, you know, no pay, but still.... art stuff.

Suffering for your art.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on February 08, 2018, 01:22:20 PM

Would you have pulled min wage+ at that rate?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on February 08, 2018, 07:20:00 AM
Very cute. But why would they waste court time on a $60 fine?

You mean the city? I don't think they have a choice.  Pretty sure we have the legal right to contest any ticket.

Other clips talk about waiving the $35 court fee.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 08, 2018, 04:46:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2018, 06:11:39 AM
Also key is that it shouldn't actually occur before noon, despite what the term would suggest.

Is this a recent development? I never had Brunch after 12 before. Usually had it around 11ish.

Then all you had was breakfast.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.