Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2018, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 07, 2018, 11:17:03 AM
Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2018, 10:52:07 AM
:rolleyes: Leave it to Languish to take a stupid ironic comment and start an insightful conversation about it.

I totally didn't get the irony. I think your other sockpuppet's posting history is better at channelling it.
If you're going to be a dick for no reason, then at least be an amusing or an imaginitive dick.

Why are you throwing the Yi Rule in our faces?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 07, 2018, 12:31:23 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 07, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
Balaclava is almost too sweet for my taste.

It would have been so much cooler if they had worn baklava

"The attackers were nutty and flaky - but very sweet."  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on February 07, 2018, 12:07:59 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2018, 11:53:50 AM
If you're going to be a dick for no reason, then at least be an amusing or an imaginitive dick.

Physician, heal thyself.

DGuller is an actuary, not a physician.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on February 07, 2018, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 07, 2018, 11:18:44 AM
Some 20 dudes in balaclavas have stormed a hospital in southern Spain to "rescue" a drug dealer that was detained there after being injured during a chase with the Spanish police.

That's the kind of thing I thought only happened either in movies or Mexico.  :hmm:

Did the balaclavas dudes win?

They were 20 of them against two cops watching the prisoner. So yeah, they won. No dead or seriously injuried though. This was on the border with Gibraltar, our little Ciudad Juárez.

Admiral Yi

JAB is a company domiciled in Luxembourg, owned by the German Reitmann family.  Members of the family "reportedly" take a vow at 18 not to publicly discuss the business.

Recently they acquired Dr. Pepper Snapple.  They had previously bought Keurig, Krispy Kreme, and Panera.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on February 07, 2018, 04:34:50 PM
They were 20 of them against two cops watching the prisoner. So yeah, they won. No dead or seriously injuried though. This was on the border with Gibraltar, our little Ciudad Juárez.

Fuck. Then it is like Mexico. The bad guys always seem to win there, it is infuriating.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Dr. Pepper Snapple is a really strange name.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2018, 07:25:21 PM
Dr. Pepper Snapple is a really strange name.

This is probably what caught his eye:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

A niche product which would be cool but not quite cool enough to be worth inventing-  a wireless mouse with a 3 way switch; off, receiver 1 on, receiver 2 on.
For those of us who sometimes have to use multiple computers at once.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on February 04, 2018, 01:22:37 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2018, 07:30:05 AM
Internet is shit at my new apartment. <_<

You should have read the fine print in your lease agreement.
The wifi equipment was setup wrong, it's blazing now.

93.11 mb/s download and 92.28 mb/s upload
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2018, 06:11:39 AM
Also key is that it shouldn't actually occur before noon, despite what the term would suggest.

Is this a recent development? I never had Brunch after 12 before. Usually had it around 11ish.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2018, 07:21:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9MhGOSHasw

I've been binging "Caught in Providence."  Sweet 81 year old Italian American judge cracks jokes and writes off people's tickets.  I think the show is going to get syndicated.

I hunted down the clip with the cutie in it for y'all.
Hope that's the judge my sister gets. She just got a $90 ticket for going 31mph in a 30mph zone. Those automated cameras really should only zap you if you're 5 or 10 miles over the limit.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on February 07, 2018, 05:43:08 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 06, 2018, 05:40:09 PM
I don't really think there are any meaningful quick experiments that you could just launch into space, maybe. Plus, as cc says Tesla will be mentioned in every newspaper.

Yeah, all our newspapers carry today the picture of the car floating in space. It's a great commercial.

I also think it'd a great way to hide a murder in plain sight. How do we know that was really a crash test dummy?  :hmm:
Obviously it holds Bowie's ashes, how else do you think they got the rights to play Space Oddity from his estate. ;)

1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2018, 07:21:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9MhGOSHasw

I've been binging "Caught in Providence."  Sweet 81 year old Italian American judge cracks jokes and writes off people's tickets.  I think the show is going to get syndicated.

I hunted down the clip with the cutie in it for y'all.

Very cute. But why would they waste court time on a $60 fine?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

Quote from: Liep on February 08, 2018, 07:20:00 AM
Very cute. But why would they waste court time on a $60 fine?

That's not a real court.  It is, essentially, binding arbitration much like what "Judge Judy" does, AFAICT.  It just looks like a court for TV entertainment purposes.  I'm sure the local jurisdiction gets more from TV rights than it loses in traffic citations written off.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!