News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 07, 2018, 02:37:48 AM
Do remember this is the man who recently sold flamethrowers as a 'fun' thing. He also put up videos of him acting like an ecstatic child while he held one.

Well when you demand the private sector do all the innovation we have to rely on these sorts of people, whatever their eccentricities.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2018, 09:34:34 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 07, 2018, 06:01:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on February 06, 2018, 04:30:16 PM
we haven't littered enough on earth, now we're sending junk to mars? is the car up on blocks at least, to complete the red neck image?

Oh you bunch of old bitter people, can't you just be positive once?
The way the world is going, what exactly is there to be positive about?

Lots, I guess.  GDP is up.  New technology is being developed.  Total population is breaking new records.  AI can now beat humans.  Humanity as a whole know more than ever.  Stock market is doing well.  General living standards are sky high when compared with historical averages.  The world is doing really well. 

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on February 07, 2018, 06:01:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on February 06, 2018, 04:30:16 PM
we haven't littered enough on earth, now we're sending junk to mars? is the car up on blocks at least, to complete the red neck image?

Oh you bunch of old bitter people, can't you just be positive once?

Quite a lot actuary.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

There is tons to be excited about. Human innovation and creativity is thriving like never before.

As usual it is politics that threatens to fuck everything up but that is pretty much business as usual in human history.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on February 07, 2018, 09:54:23 AM

There is tons to be excited about. Human innovation and creativity is thriving like never before.

As usual it is politics that threatens to fuck everything up but that is pretty much business as usual in human history.

Even if you look at politics, things aren't too bad.  Most of the world, especially the rich parts, are at peace. 

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on February 07, 2018, 02:37:48 AM
Do remember this is the man who recently sold flamethrowers as a 'fun' thing. He also put up videos of him acting like an ecstatic child while he held one.

Flamethrowers are great for disposing of wasp nests!

Just ask the Chinese.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWM__QNgc4g
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

:rolleyes: Leave it to Languish to take a stupid ironic comment and start an insightful conversation about it.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2018, 10:52:07 AM
:rolleyes: Leave it to Languish to take a stupid ironic comment and start an insightful conversation about it.

I totally didn't get the irony. I think your other sockpuppet's posting history is better at channelling it.

celedhring

Some 20 dudes in balaclavas have stormed a hospital in southern Spain to "rescue" a drug dealer that was detained there after being injured during a chase with the Spanish police.

That's the kind of thing I thought only happened either in movies or Mexico.  :hmm:

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on February 07, 2018, 11:17:03 AM
Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2018, 10:52:07 AM

I totally didn't get the irony. I think your other sockpuppet's posting history is better at channelling it.
If you're going to be a dick for no reason, then at least be an amusing or an imaginitive dick.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2018, 11:53:50 AM
If you're going to be a dick for no reason, then at least be an amusing or an imaginitive dick.

Physician, heal thyself.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: celedhring on February 07, 2018, 11:18:44 AM
Some 20 dudes in balaclavas have stormed a hospital in southern Spain to "rescue" a drug dealer that was detained there after being injured during a chase with the Spanish police.

That's the kind of thing I thought only happened either in movies or Mexico.  :hmm:

Spain, the new Mexico.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on February 07, 2018, 11:18:44 AM

Did the balaclavas dudes win?

The Brain

Balaclava is almost too sweet for my taste.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on February 07, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
Balaclava is almost too sweet for my taste.

It would have been so much cooler if they had worn baklava