Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2017, 06:37:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2017, 05:33:42 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 03, 2017, 03:20:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2017, 12:52:47 PM
I love american racist war posters. :)

Are there any kind of racist posters you don't like?

You are asking a guy with Taylor Swift in a SS uniform.
Why is my like 6th cousin in a SS uniform for your avatar?

Hook a brutha up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2017, 06:43:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2017, 06:03:23 PM
Sonofabitch, my Amazon Prime expired. I have been stabbed in the back. :mad: :mad: :(

You can have it set up so that it expires? :unsure:

I forgot the card I used to sign up for it was cancelled. So no auto-renew.  :blush:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

So 'ow much 'ash did you sneak through the Tokyo airport?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 03, 2017, 11:00:15 PM
So 'ow much 'ash did you sneak through the Tokyo airport?

I could have had any amount - since apparently security against this eventuality amounted to asking me if I had any.  :hmm:

I guess drug smugglers in Japan are honest and polite and always tell the truth if directly asked if they have drugs?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

The only time my luggage was searched in front of me as I left the airport was in Japan as well.  Some young customs officer asked to search my bag.  Of course I had no choice.  Strangely, an older officer was standing next to him, and he was very apologetic.  Apparently he thought the young one made a mistake by choosing us, but he had to let him finish the search.  The old guy kept telling us in Japanese that he was sorry for the inconvenience etc. 

Malthus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2017, 08:27:41 AM
The only time my luggage was searched in front of me as I left the airport was in Japan as well.  Some young customs officer asked to search my bag.  Of course I had no choice.  Strangely, an older officer was standing next to him, and he was very apologetic.  Apparently he thought the young one made a mistake by choosing us, but he had to let him finish the search.  The old guy kept telling us in Japanese that he was sorry for the inconvenience etc.

In Canada, there is a reality TV show called "Border Security" which shows people being questioned at airports and the like.

The people being searched definitely tend to conform to certain national stereotypes.

People coming in from China usually attempt to smuggle in forbidden foods at airports  (meaning anything with meat in it and a wide range of other foods). People from the US usually attempt to smuggle in their handguns at border crossings.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2017, 08:33:52 AM
People from the US usually attempt to smuggle in their handguns at border crossings.

:blush:

Course in real life, the group I fall into is that of having brown skin. Thanks, Quebec. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2017, 08:27:41 AM

In Canada, there is a reality TV show called "Border Security" which shows people being questioned at airports and the like.

The people being searched definitely tend to conform to certain national stereotypes.

People coming in from China usually attempt to smuggle in forbidden foods at airports  (meaning anything with meat in it and a wide range of other foods). People from the US usually attempt to smuggle in their handguns at border crossings.

We have that in the UK too.
Programmes like that made the brexit vote :(
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2017, 08:41:14 AM

Course in real life, the group I fall into is that of having brown skin. Thanks, Quebec. <_<

Brown skin? Terrorism or drugs!   ;)

Well, you *do* work promoting drugs ...  :hmm: So the stereotype is true!  :lol:

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on May 04, 2017, 08:56:06 AM
We have that in the UK too.
Programmes like that made the brexit vote :(

One of the weirdest was an American couple with a baby, who didn't even intent to try to get into Canada - they were just driving to a park near the border for a picnic with their kid and took a wrong turn, ended up in the line to cross.

They declared that they had guns, so were pulled aside - and guns they had. Everywhere. A gun for each of the parents, on their persons. A gun in the glove compartment. A gun in the picnic basket. A gun in the baby's diaper bag ... I guess in case the baby needed some firepower?

They didn't get into any trouble, other than inconvenience (because the declared everything), but it was just strange, because it was clear that they travelled this way all the time.

Savonarola

There's a version of that in the United States as well.  In one episode they did the Ambassador Bridge (between Detroit and Windsor).  One of the cars had a human skull, and no paperwork for it.  Fortunately (what are the odds?) there was a forensic pathologist in line just a few cars behind him who was able to confirm that the skull was a historical artifact and the first guy wasn't some sort of Canadian Jeffrey Dahmer.

Not everything you see on television is true; not even if it comes from a "Reality Show."   ;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2017, 09:09:40 AM

Brown skin? Terrorism or drugs!   ;)

Well, you *do* work promoting drugs ...  :hmm: So the stereotype is true!  :lol:

Now, now. I don't promote anything. I ask people their opinions. All research is designed to be strictly non-promotional!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

People from the US usually attempt to smuggle in their handguns at border crossings.

"Look out! He sparkles!"