Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2017, 08:52:50 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 08, 2017, 08:28:24 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

Dashcams are not court admissible evidence here.
What's the logic of that? Illegal to record people without their permission? But presumably a public place would allow recording.
Just googled it and apparently the legal situation is unclear with some lower level courts admitting it, others not. The Federal Court of Justice has not ruled on it yet. The concerns are indeed mainly for privacy.

Good grief.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2017, 09:09:39 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2017, 08:52:50 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 08, 2017, 08:28:24 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

Dashcams are not court admissible evidence here.
What's the logic of that? Illegal to record people without their permission? But presumably a public place would allow recording.
Just googled it and apparently the legal situation is unclear with some lower level courts admitting it, others not. The Federal Court of Justice has not ruled on it yet. The concerns are indeed mainly for privacy.

Good grief.

I sorta understand the German hangups on privacy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 08, 2017, 08:48:52 PM
Too small for us.

No shit.  100mph, and then colliding at 70ish?  Something like that could've rolled about a dozen times at 50mph.  Fucking maniacs.

Then again, it's a Benz, so you don't have to worry about passengers getting jettisoned ASK THE JEWS

Ed Anger

Damn Erin Burnett has really gotten fat in the face. Would not fuck.

#happyInternationalWomensDay

Ed Anger

Peter Dinklage's little brother looking for love:

HisMajestyBOB

Jehovah's Witnesses Want Deaf People To Stop Masturbating Dubbed with 50 Cent "In Da Club"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QReUbe4kp-o
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2017, 09:27:18 AM
I was cut off on the Autobahn at roughly 100 mph today and the other driver deliberately braked as hard as he could, which I didn't expect, so I hit his car at probably 70-80 mph. The pyrotechnic seatbelt pretensiors fired, but the airbags were not deployed. The car is quite heavily damaged though. As I had witnesses that the other driver deliberately caused this, the police cited him for dangerous driving and took away his license on the spot. Thankfully no one was hurt, but at those speeds it's just luck that nothing happened.

What the fuck!? Why would he do that?

EDIT: Never mind, I read your later explanation. That's crazy, dude should be charged with attempted murder.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Is that from The Running Man?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

Yep, though Cherry 2000 also takes place in 2017. :nerd:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 09, 2017, 11:35:58 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

Yep, though Cherry 2000 also takes place in 2017. :nerd:

I'd like to order the Bambi 14 please.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2017, 11:26:11 AM
It's like they knew.

They correctly predicted the proper spacing after a comma wouldn't be so important as it was in 198-whatever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 09, 2017, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2017, 11:26:11 AM
It's like they knew.

They correctly predicted the proper spacing after a comma wouldn't be so important as it was in 198-whatever.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Now it's all I see!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

I'm currently in Budapest.
Just behind the soviet era war memorial there is a life sized statue of Ronald Reagan out for a stroll 🤔
The east truly is a different place.
██████
██████
██████