News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Any idea what the other driver's, er, motivation was?  Insurance payday?  Just stupidity?

Glad you're okay!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

That's a Damn sturdy car you've got there.
Glad you're OK physically and none of the blame is landing on you.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Habbaku on March 08, 2017, 09:57:33 AM
Any idea what the other driver's, er, motivation was?  Insurance payday?  Just stupidity?
I think he had to brake earlier when I changed lanes and got road rage. He did the braking thing twice - the first time I could just barely brake in time, the second time I could not brake anymore.

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2017, 10:19:04 AM
none of the blame is landing on you.
Let's see. The police officers already talked to the state prosecutor as they cited him for a criminal misdemeanor when they wrote the report, so this will surely go to court. I expect that the other driver will try to blame me partially as well as normally the person that is in the rear takes the blame in this kind of accidents.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2017, 09:34:30 AM
The crash wasn't bad enough for the airbags to deploy, so they didn't malfunction. When the pyrotechnic pretensioners fired, the car immediately opened the windows a bit to let out the powder steam. And then it called emergency services who knew that had just had an accident, so by the time we stopped, police was already informed and on their way.

The Technology of European cars is amazing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

That's crazy. Glad you're okay.

I had a guy do something like that to me the other day to, but at a much more sedate 60 km/hr and only once and I managed to brake... was a near thing though.

Some people are fucking idiots.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2017, 09:29:01 AM
Ah, Europe.  It's the little differences.

This would never happen in America. Road rage conflicts are resolved by gunfire.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on March 08, 2017, 11:08:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2017, 09:29:01 AM
Ah, Europe.  It's the little differences.

This would never happen in America. Road rage conflicts are resolved by gunfire.

And people who ass end other people for failure to maintain proper and safe braking distance would be charged, as the rear vehicle is the responsible party, so I would've had to lock Zanza up for driving like a maniac.

But, they also pee on each other and have hangups with Jews over there, so as they say, Que Sirhan, Sirhan amirite?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2017, 11:57:09 AM
Que Sirhan, Sirhan

You've used that one before, so I decided to google it.

Name of a 1990s punk album from some group called Didjits.  Can't say I'm familiar with them.

:hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2017, 11:57:09 AM
And people who ass end other people for failure to maintain proper and safe braking distance would be charged, as the rear vehicle is the responsible party, so I would've had to lock Zanza up for driving like a maniac.

Is that true even if the other driver swerves into your lane and immediately slams the brake? You can't really maintain a safe braking distance to someone passing you.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2017, 10:26:56 AM
I think he had to brake earlier when I changed lanes and got road rage. He did the braking thing twice - the first time I could just barely brake in time, the second time I could not brake anymore.

Were there any class or ethnic factors at play?

Thank God you're OK.  :cry: