News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on August 18, 2024, 09:13:19 PMPfft, how do you not know that Americans are evil colonial oppressors of Hawaii and its native people.

I mean you could basically say something similar about the other 49 states  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Curious they miss Japan off the list.
Sort of a "Nah. Those guys deserve it"
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on August 19, 2024, 01:08:56 AMCurious they miss Japan off the list.

Okinawa?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2024, 11:22:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 18, 2024, 09:13:19 PMPfft, how do you not know that Americans are evil colonial oppressors of Hawaii and its native people.

I mean you could basically say something similar about the other 49 states  :ph34r:

You left a lot more natives alive in Hawaii then you did in the other states :ph34r: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2024, 01:19:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2024, 11:22:46 PM

You left a lot more natives alive in Hawaii then you did in the other states :ph34r: :P

Not actually true...at least not currently. New Mexico has more indigenous both total number and percentage of the population and a few other states have more total.

Also more Hawaiians currently live in the other 49 states than Hawaii as it is so fucking expensive to live there. Which is kind of sad, never live in a place millionaires want to live.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Hmm, wonder how many were there when the transition from old Mexico to new Mexico happened.   

Josquius

I suppose it helps that hawaii was far more a conquest of a independent country than over running some tribes.

Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2024, 01:18:35 AM
Quote from: Josquius on August 19, 2024, 01:08:56 AMCurious they miss Japan off the list.

Okinawa?

That's where people particularly dislike the Americans but hey, why not the lot.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on August 19, 2024, 01:53:35 AMThat's where people particularly dislike the Americans but hey, why not the lot.

That's covered by everywhere.

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on August 19, 2024, 01:53:35 AMI suppose it helps that hawaii was far more a conquest of a independent country than over running some tribes.

:lol:

Though I guess it was an independent country recognized by other western nations, that is distinction I guess. I am not sure it is that different.

Josquius

Just suggested to me on youtube, John Oliver recently did a Hawaii episode.
Maybe thats where it comes from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8DxdibHibU
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Languish is dead.
Let us start preparing a viking funeral.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Seems much quieter than even recent times  of late
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Maybe people are on summer holidays.

Will liven up once the antisemites crash the Chicago convention and ruin Harris' momentum.