News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Japanese earthquake monitoring agency has put out a warning that signs are we could be looking at the big one (tm) soon.   :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on August 10, 2024, 02:55:15 PMJapanese earthquake monitoring agency has put out a warning that signs are we could be looking at the big one (tm) soon.   :ph34r:

FFS the world can't catch a bloody break

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on August 10, 2024, 03:19:38 PM
Quote from: Josquius on August 10, 2024, 02:55:15 PMJapanese earthquake monitoring agency has put out a warning that signs are we could be looking at the big one (tm) soon.   :ph34r:

FFS the world can't catch a bloody break

The likelihood has gone up.  They are not saying it is coming soon.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 10, 2024, 02:53:43 PMHave you notified your insurer?  If not do it right away.  If you don't your coverage could be void.

I have.

My damages are so mild compare to my older neighbors. I have the energy and strength to move a lot of water and avoid a disaster, it did count for something, hopefully.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I saw a shrew today.
I failed in my efforts to befriend it.
I knew I should have read that book.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Better to have read The Taming of the Shrew.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

I saw one today too, well the north american version. It died drowning and a cat hate its butt.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on August 11, 2024, 06:10:35 PMBetter to have read The Taming of the Shrew.

But there was a real shrew. Randomly in the garden.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Interesting piece on "polycrisis" - lot I agree with in here:
https://renewal.org.uk/the-polycrisis-and-social-democracy/

Not mentioned, as it's an argument from the left, but I quite like Niall Ferguson's line that "polycrisis" is "just history, happening".
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Some European stereotypes, for your internet viewing enjoyment. I believe the perspective is some time in the 1700s and Austrian.

HVC

Lol death while cheating
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

I think it must be earlier given the French recognise a king as their ruler and the English "sometimes this, sometimes that" (plus the Poles are still there). Maybe early 1700s?

Cannot imagine how enraging the interchangeable "Greek/Turk" is to both :lol:

Edit: Also Muscovites: "evil" attitude and "Truly Hungarian" nature and character :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Yeah, you're probably right - I'll edit my post to reflect that :nerd:

Jacob

"Tedious" does seem quite apt for the Muscuvite virtue when it comes to war.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2024, 01:49:37 PMCannot imagine how enraging the interchangeable "Greek/Turk" is to both :lol:

Truth is its own defense :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.