News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Especially considering you moved there from New York.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on February 03, 2021, 11:40:21 AM
I know Valmy kinda likes him, but every time I casually hear Yang talking about something he somehow manages to make a fool of himself. Granted I'm probably more exposed to his gaffes (since those travel better through the media) than sound political statements.

Frankly most of what he talks about is specific policy initiatives to address specific issues. Usually it is stuff I frankly don't know enough about to know if it would be a good idea in practice. I am just glad somebody has a concrete plan to address problems and I would like to see him get a chance someplace. Now does he even have the political and administrative skill to get those ideas implemented? I don't know.

As far as "making a fool of himself" is concerned I don't know what you are talking about and I have followed him pretty closely for about a year now. I mean with the insane politicians we have out there now I find it hard to believe anything he has said stands out in circus of idiocy.

This tweet, if made, would be pretty stupid. But I think it is just to make fun of him always suggesting new things to do. He is the front runner, currently, in the mayor race so there have been a weird number of strange hit pieces out on him making ridiculous claims, but I am told this is pretty typical in the New York market.

Quote from: Barrister on February 03, 2021, 11:53:01 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2021, 11:37:49 AM

:hmm:

Yang, of course, said no such thing.  Just scrolled through his Twitter tweets for that day to be sure.

Yeah it is a joke somebody made.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

He was on an NBA podcast I follow a few weeks ago. Started discussing potential trades and such and he was pretty clueless. Nothing major, really. It gave off the vibe of somebody that has an opinion on everything even though he probably shouldn't, and is very much wiling to tell it to you. I actually found him weirdly likeable, to be honest.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on February 03, 2021, 01:10:37 PM
He was on an NBA podcast I follow a few weeks ago. Started discussing potential trades and such and he was pretty clueless. Nothing major, really. It gave off the vibe of somebody that has an opinion on everything even though he probably shouldn't, and is very much wiling to tell it to you. I actually found him weirdly likeable, to be honest.

Yeah he has been talking about the NBA on his podcast and has had some NBA people on. The NBA is the one sports league in this country I do not follow that closely. If he was talking Hockey, Baseball, or American Football I would be all over it :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

If that is true, it means you do follow the WNBA closely...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2021, 01:18:14 PM

Yeah he has been talking about the NBA on his podcast and has had some NBA people on. The NBA is the one sports league in this country I do not follow that closely. If he was talking Hockey, Baseball, or American Football I would be all over it :P

It's the only one I follow closely.  :P

I pay attention to the NFL if the Giants don't suck (not an option with the Knicks).

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 03, 2021, 01:25:11 PM
If that is true, it means you do follow the WNBA closely...

Does the WNBA play hockey, baseball, or American football? :hmm:

But I meant of the big four pro sports leagues: NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on February 03, 2021, 01:27:10 PM

I pay attention to the NFL if the Giants don't suck (not an option with the Knicks).

So been a few decades since you watched an NFL game?

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2021, 12:11:09 PM
Quote from: Tamas on February 03, 2021, 12:08:46 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2021, 11:40:57 AM
And is currently running for Mayor of New York.

Is renaming New York the best platform to do so, I wonder?
So this one may be fake but he has been posting about updating the flag of New York (which is based on Dutch colours). Everything I've seen of him just makes me think he's a little bit campaign by gimmick :ph34r:

Both NYC and Albany have seen calls to change the Dutch inspired flag, Yang is not the first.

From what I understand it is a reaction to extreme right types adopting the old Prince's flag (orange white blue), rather than the colonial history.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 03, 2021, 01:31:48 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 03, 2021, 01:27:10 PM

So been a few decades since you watched an NFL game?

Not even a full one yet. The NYFG won the super bowl in 2012.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Yeah, I've been a Giants fan for like 13 years and I've seen two Superbowl wins. That's good enough.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 03, 2021, 12:42:31 PM
Especially considering you moved there from New York.  :P

It was on my vacation right year before I moved to England, so yeah I was living in New York at the time. Odd though that she thought to ask that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

It's like when Brits are abroad, particularly in Japan I was always asked if I was from London. Its the only city people know and they've been there.
I guess with York there's the added child city fun factor.

I guess if you were living away from London in general you'd get that more often.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Amsterdam?
Uhm, yeah sure.