News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2019, 08:27:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCVYzlzMn4

Five sentenced to death for hacking up Kashoggi at the Saudi consulate on Bin Salman's orders.  Thanks Bin Salman!

How in the world did they find five guys willing to take the fall?  Did they tell the actual guys who did the hit to take one for the team?  Did they round up five random dudes sitting in prison?

This has got to be one of the weirdest PR stunts ever.
Willing probably didn't come into the equation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 26, 2019, 08:43:08 PM

Five sentenced to death for hacking up Kashoggi at the Saudi consulate on Bin Salman's orders.  Thanks Bin Salman!

How in the world did they find five guys willing to take the fall?  Did they tell the actual guys who did the hit to take one for the team?  Did they round up five random dudes sitting in prison?

So they probably picked five random dudes sitting in prison?  I wish I had thought of that.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2019, 08:46:13 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 26, 2019, 08:43:08 PM

So they probably picked five random dudes sitting in prison?  I wish I had thought of that.

They're being executed aren't they? That's why I'm questioning the "willingness" of these guys to take the fall. Whether they're random or the five guys who cut Kashoggi up, I don't see why they would be willing to be executed to cover for the prince who ordered the hit. Coerced by threats against their family maybe, but that ain't willing.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

You're right Timmy.  My post was ambiguous.

I meant to say there were two alternatives, willing accomplices or unwilling prisoners.

Eddie Teach

Is there video of the attackers and can they be identified from it? No reason to pick the real guys if not.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I've seen footage of Kashoggi walking from a Turkish camera outside the door.  Don't know if they have all entrances covered.

Tamas

It would be bad for business to execute the actual guys who killed him on the very order of the same people now ordering the execution. I am fairly certain these are 5 petty criminals or 5 innocents the regime wants dead.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on December 26, 2019, 06:45:25 AM

I like that they've correctly labelled the right part brexitland rather than blaming the north as per usual
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Somehow it's still legal to purchase and use fireworks in December. Guess who has a lot of fun with that?

Video shows how the northern Copenhagen is basically a war zone at night:
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/borger-efter-fyrvaerkeri-ballade-paa-noerrebro-mine-boern-bliver-bange-vi-er-i
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Not dead yet  :w00t:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on December 27, 2019, 07:12:39 AM
I like that they've correctly labelled the right part brexitland rather than blaming the north as per usual
Lincolnshire: what is it? :mellow: :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 27, 2019, 05:39:00 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 27, 2019, 07:12:39 AM
Lincolnshire: what is it? :mellow: :huh:
Looking at the share of the vote it was down in the rural parts of the south that the leave vote was strongest.
Boston is the infamous brexity heartland.
And oddly one of the few places where people actually have experience with foreigners and still manage to be ignorant shits.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Lincoln city itself booted the Labour MP in favor of a Tory.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 28, 2019, 08:07:01 AM
Lincoln city itself booted the Labour MP in favor of a Tory.
Lincoln's a very swing seat generally.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with Kevin Spacey's creepy, apparently annual, Christmas messages? :mellow: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!