News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCVYzlzMn4

Five sentenced to death for hacking up Kashoggi at the Saudi consulate on Bin Salman's orders.  Thanks Bin Salman!

How in the world did they find five guys willing to take the fall?  Did they tell the actual guys who did the hit to take one for the team?  Did they round up five random dudes sitting in prison?

This has got to be one of the weirdest PR stunts ever.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2019, 08:27:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCVYzlzMn4

Five sentenced to death for hacking up Kashoggi at the Saudi consulate on Bin Salman's orders.  Thanks Bin Salman!

How in the world did they find five guys willing to take the fall?  Did they tell the actual guys who did the hit to take one for the team?  Did they round up five random dudes sitting in prison?

This has got to be one of the weirdest PR stunts ever.

They were useful to the state, doing it's bidding and murdering.
Then the political situation changed and they became useful in a different way, as scapegoats.

Not PR, much more like a straight 'play' out of the totalitarian dictator's playbook.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

You'd think the prosecutors could've gotten at least one of them to flip on Bin Salman in exchange for a lesser sentence. 

Admiral Yi

PDH

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2019, 07:11:44 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/23/home-office-gives-man-asylum-after-accepting-people-can-be-gay-and-single
Single gay man granted asylum :w00t:

Also I feel quite attacked by this line by Mr Sam on his singleness: "And anyway, I am 67 and I am short and fat and too old."

This is one of a few examples of the Home Office making awful decisions denying gay men asylum because, I shit you not, they didn't have a "gay demeanour" or "look around the room in an effeminate manner" so their lives wouldn't actually be in danger :ultra:

This indicates the courts/Home Office are learning slowly.

Good on them.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/23/home-office-gives-man-asylum-after-accepting-people-can-be-gay-and-single

Also I feel quite attacked by this line by Mr Sam on his singleness: "And anyway, I am 67 and I am short and fat and too old."

This is one of a few examples of the Home Office making awful decisions denying gay men asylum because, I shit you not, they didn't have a "gay demeanour" or "look around the room in an effeminate manner" so their lives wouldn't actually be in danger :ultra:

To me it seems like yet another example where the Home Office makes a decision unfavourable and then relents after significant attention is brought to the case by charity groups and the left leaning media outlets.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I guess in their own way this makes sense because anyone can claim to be gay and they don't want to let anyone in.

And yes, garbon, makes one think how many such things must happen where people don't manage to make sufficient noise.

Tamas

Merry Christmas everyone, by the way :) in properly Christian countries tonight is Christmas :p

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: garbon link=topic=13.msg1213927#msg121392
Date=1577206268

To me it seems like yet another example where the Home Office makes a decision unfavourable and then relents after significant attention is brought to the case by charity groups and the left leaning media outlets.

Yes. Sadly would have to agree there. May ultimately do more harm than good, as lovely as it is for the man in question.
Nice in this article they have him saying he's fat and old. The one I read had a friend saying it to which I was just "dude...."
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on December 24, 2019, 11:51:08 AM
Can't we have some hope this Christmas!? :(
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Sure, we can reconvene after Boxing Day.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 24, 2019, 07:13:06 PM
Sure, we can reconvene after Boxing Day.

Pugilistic response.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Fun little site I found while googling the quebecois for boner.  Type in a word you don't know and get answers from native speakers.

Woops, no link.

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/boner-erect-penis.1142629/

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.