News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

I have a new gecko living in my apartment.  I haven't had one for several months, and I began to get ants if I left food out.  I live about 10 floors up, I'm not really sure how geckos or ants find their way in. Hopefully this little dude will eat them all up.

Josquius

Do the locals like having lizards around?
I'd imagine it to be a lot freakier than having a spider and some people are bad enough about those.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

In general yeah.  Especially if you live out in the countryside where there are a lot of bugs.  They're not very big so it's not that freaky.  I think they're cute.

Not sure where my last one went.  Hope he escaped instead of dieing behind my dresser.

DisturbedPervert

Although I remember when I was trying to find an apartment in Phuket, the landlady took me to show the room, and there was a 4 foot long lizard hanging on the wall.  I didn't take her room   :lol:

Razgovory

Is Phucket pronounced "Fuck it"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Tyr on April 11, 2010, 01:40:34 PM
Do the locals like having lizards around?
I'd imagine it to be a lot freakier than having a spider and some people are bad enough about those.

Lizards are great.  Natural pest control.  Mediterranean Geckos and brown anoles are all over the place in South Florida; my mom tries to encourage them to hang around to take care of the ants and aphids.  Oh, and they'll eat the spiders, too.

Razgovory

Eddie Teach

Cause vm mentioned lizards? Stop being such a baby.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 11, 2010, 11:49:47 PM
Cause vm mentioned lizards? Stop being such a baby.  :P

Is Peter Wiggin your real name?

Eddie Teach

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Razgovory on April 11, 2010, 11:56:19 PM
Is Peter Wiggin your real name?

Somebody is not well read...

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Eddie Teach