News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I once, many, many years ago bought a bag of oregano off a guy, who told me it was weed.  :ph34r:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 09, 2010, 02:48:07 PM
I once, many, many years ago bought a bag of oregano off a guy, who told me it was weed.  :ph34r:

It served you right too.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2010, 02:57:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2010, 02:48:45 PM
It served you right too.
What's your beef with potheads?

They're breaking the law, and don't apologize for it.  And indeed bring it up in conversations like this without thinking about it.

Plus I work for the agency that handles all drug prosecutions in Canada.  And I've prosecuted my share of potheads.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2010, 03:00:33 PM
They're breaking the law, and don't apologize for it.  And indeed bring it up in conversations like this without thinking about it.

Plus I work for the agency that handles all drug prosecutions in Canada.  And I've prosecuted my share of potheads.
Most places outside the US, they're not.

Surely you haven't prosecuted anyone on a simple ganja possession charge.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2010, 03:03:28 PM
Most places outside the US, they're not.

In California anyone can get a prescription for weed, for just about any reason including 'stress', and buy it at the dispensaries that are found all over the state.   :)

Ed Anger

Josq, a pothead? I'M SHOCKED.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

It served you right too.

I bought oregano, man.....you can't prosecute me for that! :glare:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Capetan Mihali

It served you right too.

Really, Beeb, in this day and age: who gives a shit about weed?   :hmm:

The Philly DA and a group of judges are pushing for a dedicated Weed Court to try possession cases; do some community service or pay 100 bucks and it's off your record.  The cops don't even care, as long as it stays on the books as a law, so they can bring people in for it.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2010, 11:07:35 AM
FUCK.
Damn cat.
She likes playing with random rubbish. Just now I found her batting something about- its only the bag of weed that was on my shelf. She's spilt loads of it.
Out of all the crap in the house including loads of rubbish on the floor why does she have to go and mess with something rare and expensive. How did she even get it. Gragh.
Its the second time she's been evil too, just yesterday I nearly missed a parcel due to her stealing the leaflet saying I had it.

Anyways, what's with the weed?  I thought all Euros smoked hash...?    :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Potheads clog the snack aisles at the supermarket. Thus, they block my way to the Twinkies.

Therefore, they must be destroyed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

QuoteI once, many, many years ago bought a bag of oregano off a guy, who told me it was weed.  :ph34r:
Meh, however can you tell.
Once I left a discreet bag of salt in a badly hidden spot in the toilets. Cue: total manic amongst a bunch of kids as they debate what to do with the cocaine and then going to a completely confused teacher.

QuoteMaybe you got sold a bag of catnip 
I don't think that exists in Europe.
At least I've never seen it outside of US TV/Garfield comics.

QuoteAnyways, what's with the weed?  I thought all Euros smoked hash...?    :hmm:
It is more common I think. But its only 2:1 or something.

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2010, 11:11:30 AM
Serves you right you fucking pothead.
Because of course everyone in a bar is a alcoholic...
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2010, 05:22:20 PM
Really, Beeb, in this day and age: who gives a shit about weed?

I do.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2010, 05:35:45 PM
Meh, however can you tell.
You can tell by looking at it and smelling it. 

Because of course everyone in a bar is a alcoholic...

Some people actually believe that too

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2010, 05:29:13 PM
Potheads clog the snack aisles at the supermarket. Thus, they block my way to the Twinkies.

Therefore, they must be destroyed.
They fucking hog all the good cookies too. Damn potheads.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM