News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Nah.  Anime, computer games, music, food, travelling.  I'll be very busy.  Like I said, if I needed more stuff to occupy myself, watching soccer would take priority. 

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 27, 2017, 10:24:47 AM
Quote from: dps on June 27, 2017, 10:10:42 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 27, 2017, 10:07:56 AM
I would totally visit North Korea if I could.  Tours there are all tightly controlled in where you can go and what you see (and no unauthorized photos!) but it would still be an opportunity to see a completely despotic stalinist country up close and personal.

Have you fucking lost your mind?  Why would anyone want to see that "up close and personal?

Helps you appreciate the freedom that we do have.

I get the "I don't want to give money to a dictatorial state" argument.  If I were to go I'd be somewhat conflicted for that reason.  But I would still go.

Apparently Americans are now banned from going to NK.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Savonarola on July 21, 2017, 10:40:39 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 21, 2017, 10:32:56 AM
Impossible to escape to O.J during my English classes in high school back then, since the teacher made us watch CBS evening news.

I liked the way the media covered crucial stories, like Marcia Clark's hair-do, in great detail back then.

Indeed, the coverage of the Night Trap controversy was a landmark in the US and all of the Western World.
History written on a day to day basis!  :showoff:

Admiral Yi

That was one fugly do.

CountDeMoney

You go to trial with the hair style you have, no the hair style you wish you had.

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on July 21, 2017, 10:51:48 AM
Nah.  Anime, computer games, music, food, travelling.  I'll be very busy.  Like I said, if I needed more stuff to occupy myself, watching soccer would take priority.

There you go. When I put this second retirement in the bag, I'm going to sit on my porch and get stoned.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I knock up women as my retirement hobby.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

I so can't wait for the succession battles to come.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

:lol:

It'll be like Alexander's generals.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Fuck that - a 2 bedroom townhouse in Santa Cruz can sell for 600,000 bucks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2017, 08:25:24 PM
I knock up women as my retirement hobby.

But you've been doing that since day care.

dps

Quote from: Monoriu on July 21, 2017, 10:18:21 AM
Well, I know next to nothing about American football.  Saying he was good at American football is the same as saying some dude is really good at, say Judo  :lol:

If someone told me that a person was really good at judo, one of the all-time best, and I was living in an area where judo was extremely popular, I'd understand why people there thought he was something special, even though I'm not interested in judo itself.

garbon

Quote from: dps on July 22, 2017, 04:52:33 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 21, 2017, 10:18:21 AM
Well, I know next to nothing about American football.  Saying he was good at American football is the same as saying some dude is really good at, say Judo  :lol:

If someone told me that a person was really good at judo, one of the all-time best, and I was living in an area where judo was extremely popular, I'd understand why people there thought he was something special, even though I'm not interested in judo itself.

Mono doesn't really care about other people though so it is hard for him to think about how they might think.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

That seems a bit harsh. I think it's more that he doesn't care about strangers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?