News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2017, 09:07:47 AM
I can rock a goatee like it's nobody's business.  But outside of that it comes in all patchy :angry:

I'm the opposite. Bald chin but super bushy on the sides.
Though letting it grow does seem to be encouraging my chin hair follicles  to regenerate
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2017, 10:42:16 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 25, 2017, 10:34:04 AM
Let it grow, you gotta suffer the patchiness. Trim down when it gets ridiculous. Eventually, it'll be full.

So what do you do in the meantime when you look like a homeless dude?

You look like a homeless dude.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on July 25, 2017, 11:16:17 AM
I can rock a goatee like it's nobody's business.  But outside of that it comes in all patchy :angry:

I'm the opposite. Bald chin but super bushy on the sides.

Say hi to Queen Victoria from me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 25, 2017, 11:39:36 AM
Let it grow, you gotta suffer the patchiness. Trim down when it gets ridiculous. Eventually, it'll be full.

Like I said - ugh.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Andy Kauffman's great grand pappy?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I think Alt-Right is a bunch of unfunny not clever internet memes made by douchebag 20-somethings for the LOLZ.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2017, 12:22:52 PM
I think Alt-Right is a bunch of unfunny not clever internet memes made by douchebag 20-somethings for the LOLZ.

CNN had a review of both Devil's Bargain and Shattered this weekend.  I thought this part was interesting:

QuoteBiggest revelation:

Bannon conceived of activating the internet's legions of disaffected, meme-addicted young males after investing (and losing his shirt) in IGE, a Hong Kong-based business that "farmed" gold and virtual items for resale to online gamers. Bannon realized that these underemployed and overeducated denizens of message boards like 4chan and Reddit were susceptible to misogynist and racist symbolism (when disguised with snark) and highly adept in launching viral campaigns. They became the digital shock troops for the booming growth of Breitbart News and, later, the Trump campaign.

So he was able to take a setback and turn it into a victory.   :bowler:

(Or maybe it should be :frog: since allegedly he has an oil painting of himself reimagined as Napoleon Bonaparte in his own office.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2017, 12:14:12 PM

You may have found something even worse than the dinosaurs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Me too;  it takes 6 months though. Up to then I just look like a 16 year old Latino busboy, all patchy in some places and downy soft in others.  Then one day, and I look like the head biker from Breaking Bad, streaks of gray along my Fu Manchu line.  But can't grow a full beard; too many bald patches, like Dad.

It is true though;  the more you grow it out and shave it, the thicker it grows back in. 

HVC

My beard comes in think, but if it grows long enough I get the Hasidic curls going on. or I did, I haven't grown it out that long in years.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

I often stopped shaving over the summer holidays, and a couple of years ago I decided to keep the result. So now I have some facial hair thing going on. I get just enough to make it kinda work. Chicks like it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2017, 11:55:21 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 25, 2017, 11:39:36 AM

Like I said - ugh.

Agreed. People who can't grow facial hair properly shouldn't have it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.