News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Oh, and a friend floated me a copy of a biography of the Duke of Berwick printed in the 1950's.

Far more excited than I ought to be.   :ph34r:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

mongers

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2017, 10:02:12 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2017, 09:57:35 AM
I was not aware Ank was still in the service.

He keeps talking about retirement, but in 20 years he'll be appointed Navy secretary by Pres. Chelsea Clinton. :P

An she'll get impeached by the republicans for screwing with Admiral Ank in the oval office.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

AnchorClanker

Quote from: mongers on May 17, 2017, 04:02:19 PM

He keeps talking about retirement, but in 20 years he'll be appointed Navy secretary by Pres. Chelsea Clinton. :P

An she'll get impeached by the republicans for screwing with Admiral Ank in the oval office.  :P

:boff: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

mongers

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 17, 2017, 04:04:12 PM

You'll be 20 years older then, maybe you won't be so choosy then?    :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

AnchorClanker

Quote from: mongers on May 17, 2017, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 17, 2017, 04:04:12 PM

You'll be 20 years older then, maybe you won't be so choosy then?    :D

I'll probably be pickier.  By that time, it is quite likely that I will only be running around with dispossessed Hungarian baronesses.

Razgovory

Poor Tamas, dispossessed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2017, 03:48:55 PM
Isn't there currently a freeze on federal hiring?

Not anymore. You must've missed the memo.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2017, 06:15:54 PM

Nope, emergency services was exempted from day one. :cheers:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 17, 2017, 06:19:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2017, 06:15:54 PM

Nope, emergency services was exempted from day one. :cheers:

Yeah, but WE ALREADY FUCKING KNEW THAT. 

I'd tell you to go through your fucking windshield face first, but those 15 mph speed bumps only make you spill your coffee.

11B4V

:lol:

It would a shame to damage one of my new taurus interceptors. We did get ten new ones. :blurgh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

What's neat is I get what I ask for.

Ed Anger

Quotedependapotamus

I laughed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Valmy

Yeah I am not peeing through a hole or taking off all my clothes to crap. Forget that.

I mean even besides them looking ridiculous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

That's the kind of material that if you don't shake well enough after you take a piss, the single droplet spreads like an eclipse.  Fuck that.