News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Magnificent.

You need your own, so you can remove the speed governor.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

QuoteMerkel's CDU unseats ruling SPD in crucial German state election
Merkel's party has beaten out its rival Social Democrats from their stronghold in North Rhine-Westphalia, projections showed. NRW is seen as a test of national mood ahead of Germany's national election in September.

So that pretty much means that Merkel will win the federal election in September easily and will be chancellor for another four years. It's just the question who'll be her coalition partner.

Josquius

One great thing about the internet growing old.
You have a weird niche question?
It has probably already been asked and answered.
My random thought: I wonder how long people have referred to Italy as a boot
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/329xyz/what_is_the_oldest_reference_to_the_shape_of_the/
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2017, 07:52:05 PM
I went to Wally World and due to the fluids around my lungs, I had to use a store scooter.

I posted this just for Seedy.

Valmy

I am just glad they are in the sporting goods section.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Talk about stored energy.

AnchorClanker

So, I have (yet another) breakup, and all the ex-FWB types start blowing up my phone.  Unreal.  It's like there was a psychic disorder in the realm that all picked up on.  Very, very odd... yet not totally a bad thing.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Jacob

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 17, 2017, 12:35:02 AM
So, I have (yet another) breakup, and all the ex-FWB types start blowing up my phone.  Unreal.  It's like there was a psychic disorder in the realm that all picked up on.  Very, very odd... yet not totally a bad thing.

It's like they maintain a good intelligence sharing network. Potentially they don't even involve Trump, so their sources may stay safe.

Good to see you :cheers:

Syt

As far as super powers go there's worse.

Are you still on schedule for visiting Vienna this year?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

AnchorClanker

Merci Jacob,

Glad to see you again as well.  Yes, hopefully this is a FAIR MUTUAL EXCHANGE without any betrayal of any equities and all that.
Just amazed to be 40 and having some things change and some things stay the same.

All the best!
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2017, 12:41:20 AM

As far as super powers go there's worse.

Are you still on schedule for visiting Vienna this year?

Sadly, no.  Unofficial foreign travel would complicate my hiring process, which is a major concern as I retire in 12 months, 14 days.  I do not desire any weird bullshit...

Syt

Aw, shucks. But understandable. :bowler:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.