And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2017, 04:46:36 AM
Odd thing. Apparently 3 weeks before my uncle died he gave a sealed letter to his daughter, to be delivered to his wife in case he ever died.
Amongst the expected it mentioned his funeral wishes (in tune with mine actually. Bar the suing people part)

Also a  scary realisation...
My great grandad died in his late 80s.
My grandad died in his late 70s.
My uncle died in his late 60s.

1: my dad is nearly 60
2. I'll die in my 50s?

No. Late forties according to your scheme  :P

celedhring

Apparently there's a barbershop boom in Barcelona, and trained barbers have become so sought after that we are recruiting them from abroad.  :hmm:

Valmy

I hear there is a barber in Seville.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on May 11, 2017, 05:24:50 PM
Apparently there's a barbershop boom in Barcelona, and trained barbers have become so sought after that we are recruiting them from abroad.  :hmm:

Is it because everyone is getting a retardo fodbol do that has to be resculpted every week? :thumbsdown:

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2017, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: celedhring on May 11, 2017, 05:24:50 PM

Is it because everyone is getting a retardo fodbol do that has to be resculpted every week? :thumbsdown:

No, I guess it's mostly hipster-driven.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2017, 09:15:42 AM

They didn't get into any trouble, other than inconvenience (because the declared everything), but it was just strange, because it was clear that they travelled this way all the time.

It can happen. Just not paying attention, talking to each other, take a wrong turn...and why the heck are we in a line!?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2017, 01:08:16 AM

They didn't get into any trouble, other than inconvenience (because the declared everything), but it was just strange, because it was clear that they travelled this way all the time.

It can happen. Just not paying attention, talking to each other, take a wrong turn...and why the heck are we in a line!?

Do you often suddenly find yourself with guns all over your car? :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on May 10, 2017, 05:21:33 AM
My dad had another heart attack.  He's in the hospital right now. :(

Quote from: Tyr on May 10, 2017, 09:00:12 AM
Just learned today my uncle died of a heart attack.
'tis the season :(

So sorry to hear about this guys. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

My supermercado has started selling hemp soap and hemp shampoo.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2017, 01:08:16 AM

The odd part is the fact that their car was filled with guns, not that they missed a turn-off and ended up in the line for the border. The latter is, indeed, easy to do.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2017, 02:10:39 AM
My supermercado has started selling hemp soap and hemp shampoo.

Do not try to smoke either.

Admiral Yi

Two clever quotes I just read in 1843, The Economist's lifestyle magazine:

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable we have to alter it every six months."  Oscar Wilde

"In a revolution, as in a novel, the most difficult part to invent is the end."  Alexis de Toqueville

Ed Anger

I went to Wally World and due to the fluids around my lungs, I had to use a store scooter.

I posted this just for Seedy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive