News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 26, 2015, 12:50:58 PM
I think I like the Norwegian party bus idea better. Why would you want to visit everyone's parents?

Celebrate each student with his/her family while being provided free food and alcohol? Also, riding on an open truck through the city.

Something like this:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Savonarola

I still have my cell phone from Michigan.  I got a cold call from a Pontiac number the other day:

Sue:  Hello, this is Sue, did you know the new insurance laws for 2015 will impact you.  Do you have a few minutes?

Savonarola:  I don't live in Michigan anymore so I don't care

Sue:  Are you sure

Savonarola:  Yes, I'm sure I don't live in Michigan
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Quote from: Savonarola on June 26, 2015, 02:52:11 PM
I still have my cell phone from Michigan.  I got a cold call from a Pontiac number the other day:

Sue:  Hello, this is Sue, did you know the new insurance laws for 2015 will impact you.  Do you have a few minutes?

Savonarola:  I don't live in Michigan anymore so I don't care

Sue:  Are you sure

Savonarola:  Yes, I'm sure I don't live in Michigan

Until SCOTUS says you do.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

I woke up this morning convinced it was Saturday.  Once I noticed that my kids weren't already up before my alarm went off, I realized it was Friday.  It's been a long day.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2015, 03:16:16 PM
I woke up this morning convinced it was Saturday.  Once I noticed that my kids weren't already up before my alarm went off, I realized it was Friday.  It's been a long day.
I need to start sending you that Rebecca Black video too, I guess.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 26, 2015, 01:02:19 PM
Needs more flashing.

At least fewer sweatshirts.

BTW, what is the English word for sweatshirt?  Not you Tonto, the world.

Zanza

Jumper or pullover? At least those were words I learned in school for similar garments.

Admiral Yi

A jumper is a sweater, isn't it?

Liep

Google tells me that pullover is a good match.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Coppers capped one of the two prison escapees, the scarier looking one.  The other is being pursued on foot through the woods.

Dead dude pulled a shotgun on the cops before he was shot.

There's also some confusing business about the cops originally being drawn to the area by  a 911 call from folks in an RV who thought they heard a shot (shots?).  A bullet hole was later found in the RV.

Why would these guys shoot up an RV?  Trying to upgrade their ride?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2015, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 26, 2015, 01:02:19 PM
Needs more flashing.

At least fewer sweatshirts.

BTW, what is the English word for sweatshirt?  Not you Tonto, the world.

I am one of those weirdos who thinks a sweatshirt on a lady is HOTT (or probably more precisely, a sweatshirt on a HOTT lady is HOTTer still)  :sleep:

Josquius

A sweatshirt is a sweatshirt no? :mellow:
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

It is indeed.  Very profound, sir.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2015, 05:06:34 PM
Coppers capped one of the two prison escapees, the scarier looking one.  The other is being pursued on foot through the woods.

Dead dude pulled a shotgun on the cops before he was shot.

There's also some confusing business about the cops originally being drawn to the area by  a 911 call from folks in an RV who thought they heard a shot (shots?).  A bullet hole was later found in the RV.

Why would these guys shoot up an RV?  Trying to upgrade their ride?
Wow, I didn't think they would actually find them after all this time.  At least not by the search party.