News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I think there's a centipede nest somewhere nearby.  Found two large adults the other day; now I'm seeing juveniles. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Freaking hell.
The one day I am ill and don't go to work I leave my phone charger at the office. <_<
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on June 26, 2015, 07:29:42 PM
A sweatshirt is a sweatshirt no? :mellow:

I dare say it is a tautology.

Eddie Teach

A cookie is just a cookie, but newtons are fruit and cake.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

What happened to the "Cast Away" glory days of FedEx, and why do they suck so bad?  <_<

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 27, 2015, 12:57:53 PM
What happened to the "Cast Away" glory days of FedEx, and why do they suck so bad?  <_<

I've been wondering the same thing myself.  All I see now is Brown.

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 27, 2015, 08:57:02 AM
A cookie is just a cookie, but newtons are fruit and cake.

Fig newtons. For some stupid reason is one of the things I miss the most from the US  :cry:

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2015, 05:06:34 PM
Coppers capped one of the two prison escapees, the scarier looking one.  The other is being pursued on foot through the woods.

Dead dude pulled a shotgun on the cops before he was shot.

There's also some confusing business about the cops originally being drawn to the area by  a 911 call from folks in an RV who thought they heard a shot (shots?).  A bullet hole was later found in the RV.

Why would these guys shoot up an RV?  Trying to upgrade their ride?

Maybe they were shooting at something else and pellet hit a passing RV.  I wonder if one of the guys shot the other one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on June 27, 2015, 09:48:43 AM

:lol:  Damn, ALMOST super smooth.  Kid #2 took an old tube TV to the dome, it looks like. 

This really looks like something my dumbass nephews would do.  Last utterly retarded thing I heard about them doing was using tennis racquets to launch rocks into the neighbor's cars.  My sister just about killed them both.

Syt

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/06/north-dakota-oil-boom-bust/396620/?utm_source=SFFB

QuoteA North Dakota Oil Boom Goes Bust
What will happen to those who built their lives on it?

[CdM]Told ya so![/CdM]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

CB and I watched the rocket launch this morning from our back yard.  The rocket was going up as a bright red line, then suddenly, when it was almost out of sight, there was a very wide white trail.  My wife asked me, "Is it supposed to do that?"  It turns out it was an explosion:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/28/technology/spacex-rocket/index.html
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

I'm disappointed that we didn't have a Tim update about this.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Quote from: Syt on June 28, 2015, 05:14:09 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/06/north-dakota-oil-boom-bust/396620/?utm_source=SFFB

[CdM]Told ya so![/CdM]

the tone of that article really exaggerates the situation here. the boom has slowed down due to oil prices, yes, but there's definitely not a bust. the slowdown has allowed oil companies to catch up by improving infrastructure, etc. the major goal for a lot of oil companies is to reduce flaring, which is still a major issue that's caused by lack of pipeline infrastructure. as well, oil companies can actually be a little selective these days re: employment.

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on June 28, 2015, 05:14:09 AM

[CdM]Told ya so![/CdM]

Oh, so it's not good times forever.

I remember when you idiots were all like, "Hey, go to ND and participate in its bubble economy where everything costs three times as much and you have to sleep in a rapehouse with thirty other men.  I'm sure your lack of oilperson skills will take you all the way to the top of the Taco Bell!"
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)