And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on February 05, 2015, 01:56:57 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 05, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
Syt, why do you think the source you posted shows fatalities per 100,000 of population for automobiles but not for bikes? Also, why do you think it doesn't show government expenditure as a percent of distance traveled?

The fuck do I know?

Do you have any guesses?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

I honestly don't know. Maybe it was easier to get that data?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on February 05, 2015, 01:58:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 05, 2015, 01:56:57 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 05, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
Syt, why do you think the source you posted shows fatalities per 100,000 of population for automobiles but not for bikes?

The fuck do I know?

Do you have any guesses?

I have one guess:  you didn't read the fucking chart very well, Bundy.  Unless "Cyclist Fatalities" under Safety and Health is German for "Not Bicycles". 

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Guns don't kill people, vaccines do.

Ed Anger

SiriusXM are a bunch of pests. I get a free trial with the new car and they care calling my home and bugging the shit out of me.

I've gone to DefCon 3.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2015, 03:27:45 PM
I've gone to DefCon 3.

Best DefCon ever IMHO. Something for every defecation nut. And great venue.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on February 05, 2015, 03:29:16 PM
I've gone to DefCon 3.

Best DefCon ever IMHO. Something for every defecation nut. And great venue.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Brian Williams of NBC News is catching shit for fibbing about being downed by enemy fire in Iraq.  Turns out his helicopter was 35 minutes behind a chopper that went down.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2015, 04:19:14 PM
Brian Williams of NBC News is catching shit for fibbing about being downed by enemy fire in Iraq.  Turns out his helicopter was 35 minutes behind a chopper that went down.

I saw that and think that he does deserve a rash of shit. It would be one thing if he "misspoke" once but it is something he has done on several occasions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2015, 04:19:14 PM

Stories get exaggerated.  Didn't Hillary get in trouble for claiming she landed on a shelled runway or something back in the 90s?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

He has totally destroyed all that credibility that the NBC family of networks carefully built up in recent years.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

:D I see what you're doing there.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 04:20:57 PM
Stories get exaggerated.  Didn't Hillary get in trouble for claiming she landed on a shelled runway or something back in the 90s?

IIRC she said there were bullets flying in her area while she was there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

SiriusXM are a bunch of pests. I get a free trial with the new car and they care calling my home and bugging the shit out of me.

I've gone to DefCon 3.

I found out from the State of Ohio that they somehow owed me $32.  THANKS KASICH

Also I've been getting it free for several years now.  Apparently the old school Sirius unit in the garage was turned off so long it missed the deactivation signal.