News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2014, 07:55:15 PM
One room apartments are pretty common I've found.

That doesn't mean you have to take one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on June 27, 2014, 08:24:15 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 27, 2014, 08:09:36 PM
Very common when you try to cram a hundred thousand people into a couple square miles.

Yeah, sometimes people have to live in studio apartments when there are places with population densities like Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Russia.
:lol:

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I use my bedroom as a closet and I use my other bedroom as a closet.  Lol urbans.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2014, 08:37:05 PM

That doesn't mean you have to take one.
Unfortunately it does :(

Some people can do it pretty well. I need space and spend a large amount of time indoors so...
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on June 27, 2014, 09:21:21 PM
I use my bedroom as a closet and I use my other bedroom as a closet.  Lol urbans.

I have a sexitorium in the basement.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Technically my first bedroom doubles as sex room and closet.  But pretty much the whole house is fair game for that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Even my one room apartments were large enough to separate the two. Then again I've never lived in ex-Soviet territory or in an Asian hive city. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I found a bunch of them in Sweden too.

Also thinking of those Russian photos- I think it's likely a lot of them live with their parents so only have  their room.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on June 27, 2014, 09:33:17 PM
Technically my first bedroom doubles as sex room and closet. 

We guessed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

A little drug get together has gotten out of hand in Styria (news don't mention which drugs).

Version 1: a 16 year old guy raped a 14 year old girl. Another 16 year old guy tried to protect the girl. The rapist shoots the rescuer with a small bore rifle.
Version 2: a 16 year old guy holds a gas pistol to the other 16 year old's head and forces him to rape the 14 year old. Afterwards the rapist shoots the other guy for revenge.

Either way, the killer confesses to his grandfather. Gramps decides to help instead of calling the cops. They wrap the body into a carpet, drive over the Hungarian border to bury it.

The traumatized girl, however, talks to the police who start investigating.

For now there's an info blackout from the police until further details are known.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Hungary: German trash heap
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on June 28, 2014, 06:07:02 AM

Based on this image, it sucks to live in Iraq or Afghanistan.  :(

The Brain

Sweden, fuck yeah! I just got a new passport btw.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Poor Canada. Never quite measures up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.