News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It appears my ISP has upgraded my connection speed by 50%.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on June 28, 2014, 06:07:02 AM

I guess this is the map from Paradox's next game, which will somehow be based around passport strength.  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

has anyone ever shipped large items across the world?
I'm very tempted by putting lots in a small box to save money but it does increase the chances of something going wrong and my stuff being lost....
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

I mailed my children via USPS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

They forgot to poke holes in the box for my package from the Ukraine. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on June 28, 2014, 02:51:01 PM

I guess this is the map from Paradox's next game, which will somehow be based around passport strength.  :hmm:

I already played that game.  You can get it a GOG or Steam.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I've got a test next weekend. It stressed me massively previous times I took it.
I'm having trouble caring enough to study this time around. Doesn't seem real for some reason. Strange.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2014, 09:25:30 PM
I'm very tempted by putting lots in a small box to save money but it does increase the chances of something going wrong and my stuff being lost....

Regular international airmail* is astonishingly reliable amongst First world and most other counties. You gain nothing from the private couriers with the fancy logos and branding.

Can't comment on shipping for large items.

*and for that matter surface, though these services between national 'carriers' are I think limited by treaty regarding the weight of items carried?

edit:
damn this place is comatose, this is the first post in nearly 3 hours on the forum.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

@Tyr

I've never shipped anything personal but all my business shipping of giant computers have went super. It might surprise use but the mail companies handle big shipment all the time

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on June 29, 2014, 07:22:03 AM

edit:
damn this place is comatose, this is the first post in nearly 3 hours on the forum.

Languish is dying & it is very early on a Sunday morning, north america time.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on June 28, 2014, 11:01:37 PM
They forgot to poke holes in the box for my package from the Ukraine. :(

The disposal costs of 16 year old dead Polynesian girls is HIGH. TOO DAMN HIGH
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on June 29, 2014, 07:22:03 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2014, 09:25:30 PM

Regular international airmail* is astonishingly reliable amongst First world and most other counties. You gain nothing from the private couriers with the fancy logos and branding.

Can't comment on shipping for large items.

*and for that matter surface, though these services between national 'carriers' are I think limited by treaty regarding the weight of items carried?

edit:

Surface is what I'll be using. What worries me is
1: Surface travel from Japan to the UK involves Russia/Central Asia/Other such crappy places.
2: Illegal immigrants dancing and pissing on top of my box.

I don't think I will use the big box. It seems too unstable. I'm getting a fair bit in a smaller one though.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Is there a special word for the smoodge that builds up on your mouse coasters?  Or for the smoodge that builds up on a mouse ball?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)