News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Liep on April 03, 2014, 12:55:42 PM
I mean, it doesn't even look edible when served on purpose.

... and shrimp, crabs and lobsters do?  :P

The most horrified look I ever saw on my wife's face was when she got a tureen full of hairy, spikey crab legs at a fancy restaurant (she thought she was getting crab cakes). Looked exactly like scaled-up spider legs.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Ugh that time I ordered tempura soft shell crab. I thought I was being asked to eat a fried spider. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 03, 2014, 01:05:41 PM
Speaking of which, never eat ants.  They do not go down well.

I think they are supposed to be dead before you try eating them.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Will I ever have to prove my courage in any other way?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on April 03, 2014, 10:06:11 AM
Nope, that really was supposed to be a plain ol' bad of salad!

Wish I could get that kind of coverage for my my own articles  <_<

You could use this as an opportunity to promote Languish.  :cool:

"I opened up the salad to find a locust just languishing, organisation on a high degree was need by him to get this far"

edit:

"A Canadian friend of mine has offered to eat it stir-fried; assuming we can find out if locusts are kosher."

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 03, 2014, 01:44:47 PM
Quote from: Brazen on April 03, 2014, 10:06:11 AM
Nope, that really was supposed to be a plain ol' bad of salad!

Wish I could get that kind of coverage for my my own articles  <_<

You could use this as an opportunity to promote Languish.  :cool:

"I opened up the salad to find a locust just languishing, organisation on a high degree was need by him to get this far"

edit:

"A Canadian friend of mine has offered to eat it stir-fried; assuming we can find out if locusts are kosher."

+1
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

c'mon Daily Mail. Don't disappoint me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 03, 2014, 05:04:42 PM
Belfast has got it!  BREAKING NEWS!  Er, "offbeat."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breakingnews/offbeat/woman-finds-locust-in-salad-30153227.html

Woah. When I found a giant cockaroach in my Szechuan noodles, all that happened was my friends and I started calling the restaurant I got it in "A taste of cockaroach" [as opposed to its actual name, "A taste of Szechwan"]. It did not make international news.  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on April 03, 2014, 05:10:43 PM

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breakingnews/offbeat/woman-finds-locust-in-salad-30153227.html

Woah. When I found a giant cockaroach in my Szechuan noodles, all that happened was my friends and I started calling the restaurant I got it in "A taste of cockaroach" [as opposed to its actual name, "A taste of Szechwan"]. It did not make international news.  :lol:

Because you're clearly not an ultra-connected british journalist.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Did you use twitter? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on April 03, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

Because you're clearly not an ultra-connected british journalist.

No, but nowadays I am a lawyer ... damages for mental distress, anyone?  :shifty: