News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteThe duty Customer Services manager was very sympathetic and helpful - I have to confess to shaking a bit by this stage. They bagged Larry up for freezing to send to head office

What, are they trying to revive him?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

Quote from: Zanza on April 03, 2014, 01:57:41 AM
Air travel is actually by far the most strike-prone industry in Germany. That's because every niche job (air traffic control, ground staff, security personnel, airport administration, cabin staff, pilots, etc.) has their own union and collective bargaining agreements and if just one of these many groups strike, the whole complex system doesn't work anymore.

I was once on an Air France flight from Paris to Detroit when the airline food service workers went on strike.  For the airline meal we had baguette with a side of baguette.  :frog:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Admiral Yi

Remember the little people that helped you on your way up Braz.  :sleep:

derspiess

Quote from: Brazen on April 03, 2014, 10:55:53 AM
Oh man, you can't buy publicity like this!
http://home.bt.com/news/oddnews/woman-finds-locust-in-waitrose-salad-11363890186046

:lol:  Sounds like your phone must be ringing off the hook.  Try to get a TV appearance.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Man, there's conference room full of pissed off executive at Waitrose HQ because of you Berry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

So I have to ask-- is Larry getting his own Twitter account??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

This is all getting rather meta.
I eagerly await the first article about all the articles that emerged about a woman finding a locust in her salad.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Press Association just interviewed me  :blush:

Capetan Mihali

:w00t:  Next Big Thing!  Next Big Thing!
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

This has certainly gone on longer than 15 minutes.

Derlocust is right; Larry needs his own Twitter account.

DGuller

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 03, 2014, 11:18:43 AM
:w00t:  Next Big Thing!  Next Big Thing!
And she didn't need to get stabbed 78 times to make it big. :w00t:

Barrister

Quote from: Brazen on April 03, 2014, 11:03:41 AM
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/pictured-woman-finds-locust-in-waitrose-salad-9236353.html  :blush:

From the article:

QuoteWhen asked if she had been driven to vegetarianism, Baker said: "No, because I'd worry about ordering a salad!" She added she might ask her chef boyfriend for some locust recipes.

You want to share some details on the boyfriend?   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.