News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on August 19, 2013, 11:18:05 AM
Someone in my company accidentally sent an e-mail to a group with 50.000 members, asking something trivial. About 1% of the recipients clicked "reply all" to state that they have no idea what this is about or that they are not responsible or that people shouldn't use reply all.
20 minutes and 25 million e-mails later our corporate e-mail servers were really stressed...

:D

Yeah, that's a nice warning that could do with being posted up in most offices.

Along with the obvious advice about the different between CC and BC.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Someone in my company accidentally sent an e-mail to a group with 50.000 members, asking something trivial. About 1% of the recipients clicked "reply all" to state that they have no idea what this is about or that they are not responsible or that people shouldn't use reply all.
20 minutes and 25 million e-mails later our corporate e-mail servers were really stressed...

eh! That happen while I was working at Ubisoft. Crazy email with giant pictures of duffel bags being sent around every email in the cie.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 19, 2013, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2013, 10:59:04 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 19, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
My garden is performing a subpar level. Lack of sun is the main suspect. Trees will problably get trimmed or the garden will be relocated next year.

That's kind of my problem.  In my back yard there's just too much shade.  If I plant something that does get enough sun, my deer are certain to eat it.  They even ate a Colorado Spruce I planted :angry:

Note to self:  see if there's such a thing as deer traps.

You let hunters hunt on your property.

Not really the best neighborhood for that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2013, 11:34:44 AM
My garden is performing a subpar level. Lack of sun is the main suspect. Trees will problably get trimmed or the garden will be relocated next year.

That's kind of my problem.  In my back yard there's just too much shade.  If I plant something that does get enough sun, my deer are certain to eat it.  They even ate a Colorado Spruce I planted :angry:

Is this not America? :angry:

MAH FREEDOMS
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2013, 11:34:44 AM

What kind of property cant be hunted on & has deers visiting regularly?

btw, I forgot to type the world "should". I was not ordering you to do anything.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

:lol: You'd think that by now there would be some safeguards against sending e-mails to large lists of people.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2013, 12:03:31 PM
Your kidding right?

Are you guys telling me that American Deers visit suburbian?

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 19, 2013, 12:14:15 PM
Your kidding right?

Yes, there are deer in suburbs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Daredevils Deers. Excellent.

garbon

Well where are they to do? We keep taking up their land and building homes.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 19, 2013, 12:14:15 PM
Your kidding right?

It depends how you define 'suburbia'... I live in what I would call a rural area but I live in a subdivision, just one with very large lots.  We have deer in the yard all the time.  This time of year I see them at least once a week.  Also, I think those sonofabitches ate most of the apples off of my Pink Lady tree. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

There is supposedly a black bear lurking near where I live. It gets over the wall, I'm opening up on it with the SKS.