News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Fucking insomnia. I blame Ed.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

My colleague brought me several packs of Reeses Pieces from her family's trip to the U.S. :mmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on August 19, 2013, 02:25:12 AM
My colleague brought me several packs of Reeses Pieces from her family's trip to the U.S. :mmm:

I was freebasing those in the 80's.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Meanwhile, Operation Pepe Le Pew is in full swing. 4 traps were put out at dusk and I believe I heard the gate noisily drop on one.

HEIL ED.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2013, 04:51:18 PM
Does anyone know anything about, or have a link to a source on The Freedom Budget?

Just read a review in the NYT about a book about the anniversary of The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.  The point I picked up is that although we tend to interpret the march as support for JFK's proposed civil rights legislation, it was really more about jobs and social justice, as articulated in The Freedom Budget written by A. Phillip Randolph, the president of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.

Only problem is the review didn't tell me anything about the Freedom Budget (other than the fact that senators sympathetic to civil rights found it "utterly unrealistic") and Wiki appears not to have an article on it.

http://socialjustice.ccnmtl.columbia.edu/index.php/Freedom_Budget
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

So Numbnuts went home.  Here's a photo diary:

WE MUST HAVE THE BONE

WE MUST DESTROY THE BONE

THE BONE DEFEATS US

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2013, 04:51:23 AM
Meanwhile, Operation Pepe Le Pew is in full swing. 4 traps were put out at dusk and I believe I heard the gate noisily drop on one.

HEIL ED.

Ed 1, Skunk 0.

CountDeMoney

Leave the wildlife alone, fucker.  The 1% exploits enough of the environment as it is.

Ed Anger

Tell the wildlife to stop spraying outside my bedroom windows.

Operation Pepe Le Pew... continues.

lustindarkness

You should have called the Turtle Man, he would have caught them by now.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

I don't know what a turtle man is.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2013, 08:03:19 AM
So Numbnuts went home.  Here's a photo diary:

WE MUST HAVE THE BONE
snip

+1.

What a sweet looking dog. :wub:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Yeah, she's a sweetie pie.  A total spaz that wants to herd the cat, but a sweetie pie. 
Very intelligent--when you pull out her harness, she sits, bows her head so you can put it on, and lifts each leg for the straps--and just wants to be with people all the time.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2013, 09:19:20 AM
I don't know what a turtle man is.

Not a turtle man, The Turtle Man. Hillbilly from Kentucky, has his own show on Animal Planet, catches animals with his hands. We just want to see you on a reality show. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

The only turtles Ed knows are the brown ones.