9 dead in motorcyle gang gunfight at Texas restaurant

Started by jimmy olsen, May 17, 2015, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 19, 2015, 11:04:11 AM
Berkut does make a good point.  It could be argued that everyone there did stand their ground.

Except the first guy.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2015, 10:06:26 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2015, 09:58:46 AM
I'm a gun crazy.

I named my guns.
Charlene?

Berkut does make a good point.  It could be argued that everyone there did stand their ground.

If they were smart they would have gone prone, or at least kneeled down. :duh:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

I just enjoy watching him argue with nobody.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 11:06:12 AM

Except the first guy.

Zimmerman has proven that the "first guy" can start shooting without anyone else doing anything even illegal. As long as he can claim he felt threatened, he is all set to start shooting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on May 19, 2015, 11:28:40 AM
Zimmerman has proven that the "first guy" can start shooting without anyone else doing anything even illegal. As long as he can claim he felt threatened, he is all set to start shooting.

In Iowa at least it's illegal to bash someone's head against a sidewalk.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 11:29:48 AM

It illegal to stalk someone?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 11:36:37 AM
Not sure I see the relevance Raz.

Zimmerman was stalking the young Mr. Martin before the shooting.  Following him round in his car, then getting out to bother him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2015, 11:38:54 AM
Zimmerman was stalking the young Mr. Martin before the shooting.  Following him round in his car, then getting out to bother him.

I still don't see the relevance.

Do you understand what Throbby and I were talking about?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 11:29:48 AM

I am allowed to shoot anybody I see committing a crime?

In any case an obviously mentally unstable criminal like Zimmerman who provoked a confrontation in defiance of law enforcement is not credible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2015, 12:11:05 PM

Of course not.  Why do you ask?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 11:39:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2015, 11:38:54 AM

I still don't see the relevance.

Do you understand what Throbby and I were talking about?

He provoked a violent confrontation that resulted in a child's death and it was ok.  I think that is basically what Berkut was saying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 12:12:17 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2015, 12:11:05 PM

Of course not.  Why do you ask?

Then how is it being a crime relevent to the situation?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2015, 12:12:51 PM
He provoked a violent confrontation that resulted in a child's death and it was ok.  I think that is basically what Berkut was saying.

"Zimmerman has proven that the "first guy" can start shooting without anyone else doing anything even illegal."

This is basically what he said.