9 dead in motorcyle gang gunfight at Texas restaurant

Started by jimmy olsen, May 17, 2015, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Now that is some Wild West bullshit right there.  :alberta:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/05/17/waco-gang-shooting/27493915/

Quote9 dead in motorcyle gang gunfight at Texas restaurant

Nine motorcycle gang members were killed Sunday when a gunfight broke out between three rival gangs at a restaurant in Waco, Texas, police said.

Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton confirmed "multiple fatalities" in the shootout at Twin Peaks Restaurant shortly after noon. Eighteen people were transferred to local hospitals with gunshot and stab wounds, KCEN-TV reported.

Remarkably, Swanton said, all of the dead or injured were "members of criminal biker gangs." Bystanders at the shopping center and a nearby restaurant — as well as police present when the shootout spilled into the parking lot — were "all unscathed," he said.

One officer at the scene was hospitalized due to a "heat-related issue," not an injury, he said.

"Fortunately, none of our officers, nor any of our innocent civilians, were injured in this melee here today," he said.

Swanton said police expected to recover about 100 weapons from the crime scene — one of the worst he'd ever encountered.

The initial fight, he said, began in the Twin Peaks restroom. He told KWTX-TV that the fight quickly escalated from fists and feet to chains, clubs and knives, then to gunfire.

Swanton said police knew there could be trouble at the restaurant, as they'd learned that a gang "recruitment" event was taking place at Twin Peaks. He said police tried to keep the gathering from happening, but that restaurant management refused to cooperate.

"What happened here today could have been avoided if we'd had management at a local establishment listen to their police department and assist us," he said. "They failed to do that and this is the event, what happened."

He said police in the parking lot were fired upon and returned fire. Law enforcement may well have inflicted some of the injuries or deaths, he said, but he added that until the investigation is complete he couldn't be sure. "Obviously, we've got a long way to go on this crime scene behind us."

On its Facebook page earlier in the afternoon, the Waco Police Department advised residents to "avoid the Central Texas Market Place as the area is NOT safe. Officers are continuing to arrest individuals coming to the scene with weapons." It added, "This is not the time to sight see as we are dealing with very dangerous individuals."

A witness at the nearby Don Carlos Mexican Restaurant told KWTX he and his family walked into the parking lot between the restaurants when they heard several gunshots and saw wounded being taken from the fight scene. "We crouched down in front of our pick-up truck because that was the only cover we had," the man, who asked not to be identified, said.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Twin Peaks:  still causing bar fights, 25 years later.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2015, 06:49:57 PM
Remarkably, Swanton said, all of the dead or injured were "members of criminal biker gangs." Bystanders at the shopping center and a nearby restaurant — as well as police present when the shootout spilled into the parking lot — were "all unscathed," he said.[/b]

Too bad NY cops aren't as good shots as Texas bikers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2015, 06:57:40 PM
Twin Peaks:  still causing bar fights, 25 years later.  :cool:

David Lynch has much to answer for.

jimmy olsen

Seems there were five gangs on the scene. I bet there will be a movie in the works for this in few years.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-texas-biker-gang-shooting-20150517-story.html
QuoteSwanton said at least five rival gangs gathered at Twin Peaks for a meeting that he said focused on turf and recruitment, two areas where the groups have often clashed. Preliminary findings indicate a dispute broke out in a bathroom and then spilled into the restaurant where it escalated to include knives and firearms, he said. There were 150 to 200 gang members inside the restaurant at the time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Wow, that might be a record for felony murder charges.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

If only some of the law abiding citizens were armed as well, this could have been avoided.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on May 18, 2015, 07:44:07 AM
If only some of the law abiding citizens were armed as well, this could have been avoided.
They could have stood their ground.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Actually, it raises a important question, in this current reality of the Obama police state and federal attempts to subvert Texas.

Can we even be sure that the police intervention was legal, or necessary?

How do we know that in fact some of the people shot and killed by the police were not simply gang members standing their ground legally protecting themselves from the other people legally standing their ground?

All these people dead, many more injured, and in a free and 2nd Amendment protected state like Texas, it is entirely likely that this entire thing was actually completely legal - just a large number of people all standing their ground against other people legally standing THEIR ground.

I mean, I suppose there might have been one criminal initially, maybe even just a misdeamenor petty assault charge that some god fearing gun toting citizen legally stood his ground against...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

garbon

What's so special about this? Shootouts between motorcycle gangs are hardly unheard of. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on May 18, 2015, 08:55:55 AM
What's so special about this? Shootouts between motorcycle gangs are hardly unheard of. :hmm:

They stood their ground and foiled the Obamateur Administration.

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on May 18, 2015, 08:55:55 AM
With nine killed and eighteen hospitalized? When was the last time a shootout that bloody that happened?

1 Karma Chameleon point