9 dead in motorcyle gang gunfight at Texas restaurant

Started by jimmy olsen, May 17, 2015, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2015, 02:39:33 PM
Mr. Martin??  He was a child.  Barely older than a toddler.

Why not just go out and say it?  He was a murderous half-man, driven by jungle rage and reefer madness.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Don't say such things about that baby-faced kid.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2015, 03:08:03 PM
I'm not against the right to bear arms per se, but I think too many nutjobs who I wouldn't trust with a screwdriver have access to them.

I have screwdrivers too.  ;)

BTW, I even have some of those specialized kits, with like the different weird star screwdrivers and shit.  :showoff:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 18, 2015, 09:40:57 AM
They opened one of those Twin Peaks here recently, I've heard their food is good, and the scantily clad pretty girls is a plus.

Anyone want to talk about the important stuff? The food. Any reviews?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 03:21:54 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2015, 03:08:03 PM
I'm not against the right to bear arms per se, but I think too many nutjobs who I wouldn't trust with a screwdriver have access to them.

I have screwdrivers too.  ;)

BTW, I even have some of those specialized kits, with like the different weird star screwdrivers and shit.  :showoff:

Boom.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2015, 03:17:42 PM
Don't say such things about that baby-faced kid.

Yeah, I saw what they were saying Breitbart.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 03:23:23 PM
They opened one of those Twin Peaks here recently, I've heard their food is good, and the scantily clad pretty girls is a plus.

Important stuff: I would rate Twin Peaks' uniforms among the top tier of breastaurants. Perhaps the best. TK is good too, but I'm not too fond of those Hooter's outfits tbh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on May 19, 2015, 02:43:15 PM
A bunch of gang members getting into an all out gun battle could in fact be perfectly legal under their bizarro views on gun rights.

Open carry of handguns is not (yet) allowed anywhere in Texas unless you're some sort of cop or cop-like thing.  If they're drunk/otherwise intoxicated (.08), they can't carry concealed, CCL or not.  So chances are, at least most of these dudes weren't even allowed to have the guns in the first place.

As far as stand your ground goes, I don't think showing up at a dump like Twin Peaks with the stated intent of starting shit with some other leathered up retards who are there for the same reason allows you to legally start popping rounds off in the parking lot.

I'm not really  gun nut though. vOv

E:  Being a member of a "criminal gang" disqualifies you from even having a gun in your vehicle in this state, so they weren't legal, full stop. Unless somehow a couple of biker gangs that are all in on the meth production aren't considered illegal gangs for whatever reason.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2015, 03:04:14 PM
Yep.  I (certified gun nut-- I even got a license FFS) won't engage with Berkut because he's 100% accurate.  No other reason.  I'm just a-skeered of him being so perfectly accurate.

Monster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 19, 2015, 05:29:25 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 19, 2015, 02:43:15 PM
A bunch of gang members getting into an all out gun battle could in fact be perfectly legal under their bizarro views on gun rights.

Open carry of handguns is not (yet) allowed anywhere in Texas unless you're some sort of cop or cop-like thing.  If they're drunk/otherwise intoxicated (.08), they can't carry concealed, CCL or not.  So chances are, at least most of these dudes weren't even allowed to have the guns in the first place.

As far as stand your ground goes, I don't think showing up at a dump like Twin Peaks with the stated intent of starting shit with some other leathered up retards who are there for the same reason allows you to legally start popping rounds off in the parking lot.

I'm not really  gun nut though. vOv

I am assuming, however, that they did NOT show up with intent to start any shit - the shit started anyway, and they all exercised their 2nd Amendment rights to defend themselves from an imminent threat. Lots of people doing that at once means that you get a pitched battle.

The key here is that the only justification you need to shoot someone is to be able to credibly claim that you felt threatened by them - but another person exercising THEIR right to do the exact same thing can and will create exactly that same threat to others. That is the hilarity of the gun nut logic - everyone doing exactly what their RAHTS say they can do results in a presumably perfectly legal shootout.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 03:23:23 PM

No skittles.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

MadBurgerMaker

QuoteI am assuming, however, that they did NOT show up with intent to start any shit - the shit started anyway, and they all exercised their 2nd Amendment rights to defend themselves from an imminent threat. Lots of people doing that at once means that you get a pitched battle.

The key here is that the only justification you need to shoot someone is to be able to credibly claim that you felt threatened by them - but another person exercising THEIR right to do the exact same thing can and will create exactly that same threat to others. That is the hilarity of the gun nut logic - everyone doing exactly what their RAHTS say they can do results in a presumably perfectly legal shootout.

AFAIK if there are two groups of legal CCL holders in the Denny's parking lot, and one guy in one group 1 starts shooting, that doesn't mean group 2 can just start legally hosing bullets everywhere.  At the very least, the guy who started shooting and everyone who shot at people that weren't him aren't doing something legal.