9 dead in motorcyle gang gunfight at Texas restaurant

Started by jimmy olsen, May 17, 2015, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Is there a difference between gun nuts and gun freaks? And I imagine there is no such thing as a responsible gun owner right? Just want to get my terms correct.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2015, 01:00:25 PM
Texans generally seem to get along with Hispandexes pretty well.  Dude was pissed that people were burglarizing his next door neighbor's home and bringing crime into his neighborhood and for that I don't blame him.  Morally I don't think shooting them was the right thing to do, but I don't think he shot them because of their Hispandexitude.

grumbler is just being a retard.  He also brought up the Michael Jackson case where no-one *really* knows what even happened because everyone involved was dead, probably lying their asses off, or just flat out not talking, instead of Berkuts scenario where we know exactly what happened and aren't trying to figure out how everyone can lie their way out of prosecution as long as their lawyer is good enough.  Two guys were able to successfully claim self defense for killing another dude, and a third guy who had brought dead guy got hit with manslaughter.  This doesn't mean its a legal firefight.  The two "innocent" guys said the other dudes/possibly just the dead dude shot at them first, and the judge believed them. 

If you put this like Berk's scenario, this would be like B and his buddy getting self defense protection because they were able to convince a judge that C shot first.  That's it. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 20, 2015, 01:21:06 PM
Is there a difference between gun nuts and gun freaks? And I imagine there is no such thing as a responsible gun owner right? Just want to get my terms correct.

Seems like gun nuts and gun freaks would be the same general thing, right?  :hmm: 

lustindarkness

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 20, 2015, 01:41:47 PM

Seems like gun nuts and gun freaks would be the same general thing, right?  :hmm: 

I don't know, so many new terms been thrown out here. That's why I ask the experts here in languish.

I still wonder, is there such a thing as a responsible gun owner that is not a gun nut/freak.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

A gun nut is someone who gets jacked up about the 2nd amendment.  A gun freak is someone who whacks off to cool guns.

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 20, 2015, 01:47:11 PM
I still wonder, is there such a thing as a responsible gun owner that is not a gun nut/freak.

No.  Every gun owner/nut/freak sits around all day fantasizing about killing people with their shiny "toy".  Or something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Of course there are responsible gun owners. I own a gun.

You don't see me making excuses for people shooting each other though.

What is your point lusty - that talking about non-responsible gun owners somehow implies that there cannot be responsible ones?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

You.

Your "yeah...but..." response to stories about gun d-bags murdering people.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

No point, just wanting to keep up with the polite conversation.  ^_^
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on May 20, 2015, 01:55:00 PM
You.

Your "yeah...but..." response to stories about gun d-bags murdering people.

Incorrect.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 20, 2015, 01:12:38 PM
:lol:  "See bro!  This thing that I said might happen didn't happen!  I told you so!" You're such a tool. 

Hey how about you go back to the thread where you were talking about landing and hangaring F-14 sized combat drones on a destroyer in the next 15 years.

An obvious ad hom  :w00t:, but no swear words  :(  Blatant strawman  :showoff: though, so you have that going for you. :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2015, 01:50:15 PM
A gun nut is someone who gets jacked up about the 2nd amendment.  A gun freak is someone who whacks off to cool guns.

I like these definitions.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2015, 12:55:41 PM
:lol:  Okay, Berkut.  I was just saying those two shitbags made a fatal error in running through the Texas redneck's lawn.  That's all.

He seems to have made the decision to kill these two people before he even went out side.  That makes it premeditated murder.  I think that makes you a bigger shitbag then a burglar.  I mean, Bilbo was a burglar and he seemed okay.  He didn't shoot to guys in the back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on May 20, 2015, 02:30:25 PM
An obvious ad hom  :w00t:, but no swear words  :(  Blatant strawman  :showoff: though, so you have that going for you. :thumbsup:

All that and what you were congratulating yourself for still hasn't happened, Mr. UCAVs On Destroyers.   

I do like how you knew so little about what you were talking about that discussing the actual things that will exist and would be usable in your timeframe is a strawman argument.  :lol: