9 dead in motorcyle gang gunfight at Texas restaurant

Started by jimmy olsen, May 17, 2015, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2015, 12:13:52 PM
Then how is it being a crime relevent to the situation?

You are not allowed to shoot someone who is jaywalking or littering because neither of those would be interpreted by a reasonable person as an immediate threat to their life.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 11:39:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2015, 11:38:54 AM
Zimmerman was stalking the young Mr. Martin before the shooting.  Following him round in his car, then getting out to bother him.

I still don't see the relevance.

Do you understand what Throbby and I were talking about?

I believe so.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2015, 12:45:09 PM
I believe so.

Then please draw out the connection between it and your rhetorical question about stalking, because I just don't see it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 12:53:20 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2015, 12:45:09 PM
I believe so.

Then please draw out the connection between it and your rhetorical question about stalking, because I just don't see it.

Berkut was suggesting that Martin committing no crime before being shot, you suggest he was by fighting Zimmerman.  I'm suggesting that Zimmerman was committing a crime before shooting Martin ( Stalking), and that any altercation that occurred prior to the shooting was caused by Zimmerman committing a crime.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Did Zimmerman have sex on the beach when shooting Martin?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2015, 01:02:54 PM
Berkut was suggesting that Martin committing no crime before being shot, you suggest he was by fighting Zimmerman.  I'm suggesting that Zimmerman was committing a crime before shooting Martin ( Stalking), and that any altercation that occurred prior to the shooting was caused by Zimmerman committing a crime.

Fair enough.  At the beginning of the story I said this was the nub: whether it was legal to bash someone's head on a sidewalk for following you.

derspiess

Actually I think Trayvon attacked Zimmerman because he thought he was gay.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2015, 01:08:02 PM

Actually I think Trayvon attacked Zimmerman because he thought he was gay.

Self-hating fags shouldn't direct their anger at others. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2015, 01:06:12 PM

Fair enough.  At the beginning of the story I said this was the nub: whether it was legal to bash someone's head on a sidewalk for following you.

Stand your ground.  I think it's legal to win a fight when someone starts one with you.  I think a good argument came be made that Mr. Martin believed his life was in danger when he was accosted by an armed stalker.

derspiess

Mr. Martin??  He was a child.  Barely older than a toddler.

Berkut

I love how the gun nuts know they cannot even engage my argument, because it is completely accurate.

A bunch of gang members getting into an all out gun battle could in fact be perfectly legal under their bizarro views on gun rights.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Yep.  I (certified gun nut-- I even got a license FFS) won't engage with Berkut because he's 100% accurate.  No other reason.  I'm just a-skeered of him being so perfectly accurate.

Syt

I'm not against the right to bear arms per se, but I think too many nutjobs who I wouldn't trust with a screwdriver have access to them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2015, 03:04:14 PM
Yep.  I (certified gun nut-- I even got a license FFS) won't engage with Berkut because he's 100% accurate.  No other reason.  I'm just a-skeered of him being so perfectly accurate.

I rather doubt you are scared.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned