Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2015, 10:28:46 PM
Dorsey is a mamma's boy.

My father only went their for law school. My mother went to Miami for undergrad and law, and on her side of the family, my grandfather went there, he sent all 5 of his kids there undergrad, 3 went there for grad also, and several married other Miami grads. The large extended family had season tickets to the games together, so the games were sort of family reunions. I never really had a choice.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2015, 10:44:05 PM
Miami is fem.

Sadly, these days I can't argue.

How the team presented itself under Jimmy Johnson:

After the team was turned over to Al Golden, the Sandusky/Paterno protege:

Bring back Butch!!!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2015, 11:16:36 PM

There's other Village People they could have done.

Don't think Jerome Brown was a member of the village people.

Valmy

Poor Jerome Brown. Oh what might have been.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Okay, so Kansas is really really bad. 

Berks guys are beating USC right now but it's close.  They need to hurry up and kick some Trojan ass.  Making odd decisions about going for it though.

E:  Wow Arizona has two guys limping around on defense right now.
   :mad: USC gonna win

Berkut

Arizona is just a horror show this year. At one point they had some guy at 185lbs playing middle linebacker last night.

I think I could make the team.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 08, 2015, 12:56:57 AM
Okay, so Kansas is really really bad. 

Yes they are. And wow so was Texas for the first half. That play by Jerrod was the worst play he has ever made. It was like a weird conflagration of all of his shortcomings in one epic shit show. Amazingly though the team actually made halftime adjustments.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Ok Spicey if you care anymore here we go. Neers vs Steers IV

Ed Anger

Ohio State continues to look like warm oatmeal. Meh.

Or cream of wheat. Bleh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Spicey if you are fed up with the Holgorsen regime, and you never coming here suggests you might be, I apologize if Texas just saved his job.

Admiral Yi

Good trivia question during Cyclones game: who is the only true freshman to win a national championship since freshmen eligibility was reintroduced in 1972?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2015, 06:11:36 PM
Good trivia question during Cyclones game: who is the only true freshman to win a national championship since freshmen eligibility was reintroduced in 1972?
:huh:  In what sport?  Football is a team sport, so a freshman couldn't win a national championship in it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!