News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Huskers down by 11, 7 to play, 4th and 1 on the Iowa 20(ish), Nebraska runs a fade. Estupido.

katmai

Huskies crushing Cougs 45-10 in 4th.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2015, 06:35:06 PM
Huskers down by 11, 7 to play, 4th and 1 on the Iowa 20(ish), Nebraska runs a fade. Estupido.

That was the call that let Michigan beat Notre Dame in the 90s.  It's not a stupid call, if your offense has been struggling, because the struggles will only intensify as the field shortens.  The play needs play action to pull up the defense, but then it should be a one-on-one with your guy knowing the route.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on November 27, 2015, 06:45:46 PM

That's not as surprising as it probably should be.  Houston crushing Navy was a surprise, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on November 27, 2015, 06:55:08 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2015, 06:35:06 PM

That was the call that let Michigan beat Notre Dame in the 90s.  It's not a stupid call, if your offense has been struggling, because the struggles will only intensify as the field shortens.  The play needs play action to pull up the defense, but then it should be a one-on-one with your guy knowing the route.

That fails to take into account how full of fail the nebraska QB and WRs are. Dudes can't even hook up without a rape investigation.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on November 27, 2015, 07:07:57 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 27, 2015, 06:45:46 PM

That's not as surprising as it probably should be.  Houston crushing Navy was a surprise, though.

Well with starting Wazzu QB out with concussion i was hoping for good performance as Huskies has best Defense in Pac-10 (15th in nation in scoring D) But the 7 turnovers forced, 3 returned for TD's was nice surprise.

katmai

What cockeyed world are we in where TCU and Baylor are the marquee teams from Texas??

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 27, 2015, 08:21:29 PM
What cockeyed world are we in where TCU and Baylor are the marquee teams from Texas??

The same one we have been in for the past three or four years?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2015, 12:40:49 AM

The same one we have been in for the past three or four years?

I know that Valmy, but in the grand old days of the SWC would this even be contemplated?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on November 28, 2015, 01:04:54 AM
I know that Valmy, but in the grand old days of the SWC would this even be contemplated?

Yes?  Hey even Rice got a conference championship in 1994!

alfred russel

Texas Tech ran what may have been the stupidest trick play I've ever seen in college football (Chuck Pagano established a class by himself). With 3 minutes to go in a one score game, they lined up in the victory formation. 100% give away it is a trick play--why would you ever kneel down with that much time left? It is also a highly ineffective formation to actually run a play out of.

As dumb as that was, Texas responded to sticking its thumb up its ass and surrendering a 50+ yard touchdown.

I think that may be a low moment in Texas football history.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

derspiess

Whatever you do, DO NOT blame Texas's head coach.  It is 0% his fault.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Well I figured it is 100% Valmy's fault, so...

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2015, 01:38:21 PM

Whatever you do, DO NOT blame Texas's head coach.  It is 0% his fault.

Well, it was the state of affairs when he took over.

derspiess

But it's not his fault for not turning things around despite the enormous resources he has available to him.  Right???
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall