News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on November 22, 2015, 12:01:52 AM
The SEC takes criticism every year about scheduling the week before rivalry week, but look at some of the OOC matchups this week:

I actually think it was a great decision. How many teams run triple option? For once, Georgia Tech won't be the first time in the season they're playing one of them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Quote from: katmai on November 21, 2015, 08:14:37 PM
52-0 mid through 3rd. :o

Yeah, the Beavers are bad.  And not even in a fun, mock your Beaver friends kind of way.  Supposedly Anderson is just killing it on the recruiting trail so far so we'll see how quickly they can get this turned around.

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 22, 2015, 08:57:44 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 22, 2015, 12:01:52 AM
The SEC takes criticism every year about scheduling the week before rivalry week, but look at some of the OOC matchups this week:

I actually think it was a great decision. How many teams run triple option? For once, Georgia Tech won't be the first time in the season they're playing one of them.

If they wanted a warm up triple option game before the tough one, I'm not sure Georgia didn't schedule the two games in the wrong order.

But yeah, I agree, if you are going to try to schedule a scrimmage for the second to last game of the year, scheduling Georgia Southern was a really good move. However, the issue is with scheduling a scrimmage in the second to last game of the year. Look at UGAs OOC schedule this year: Louisiana Monroe, Southern, Georgia Southern, and Georgia Tech. That is weak, especially in a year the SEC East sucks.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on November 22, 2015, 10:43:44 AM
But yeah, I agree, if you are going to try to schedule a scrimmage for the second to last game of the year, scheduling Georgia Southern was a really good move.

No, they're too good. Almost beat Georgia, and did beat Florida two years ago.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Of all the times for OSU to fuck up and lose a game...  :(

I hate the idea that Michigan's chances in the B10 no depend on Penn State beating the Spartans at home.

Still the OSU meltdown was glorious to see.  I wonder if Meyer will have the guts to suspend Elliot for a game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on November 23, 2015, 07:20:15 AM

Still the OSU meltdown was glorious to see.  I wonder if Meyer will have the guts to suspend Elliot for a game.

The thing about Urban Meyer is that he is a great recruiter and does a great job of getting his teams ready to play. But as an authority figure? He has never hung around for very long at any school as a head coach, his longest tenure as head coach was at Florida, and by the time he left UF the wheels were completely coming off the bus.

His tenure at Ohio State is now closing in on the length of his tenure at UF. Time will tell if this is the beginning of an unraveling like at UF, where the lunatics took control of the asylum.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: grumbler on November 23, 2015, 07:20:15 AM
Of all the times for OSU to fuck up and lose a game...  :(

I hate the idea that Michigan's chances in the B10 no depend on Penn State beating the Spartans at home.

It's going to be interesting to see where Elliot goes in the draft.  I don't see too many NFL head coaches wanting to embrace a guy who puts the blame on the coaching staff for a big loss.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on November 23, 2015, 03:25:13 PM
It's going to be interesting to see where Elliot goes in the draft.  I don't see too many NFL head coaches wanting to embrace a guy who puts the blame on the coaching staff for a big loss.

I wonder if the fact that it is painfully obvious that Elliot was right will have an impact.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on November 23, 2015, 10:18:16 PM
Quote from: dps on November 23, 2015, 03:25:13 PM

I wonder if the fact that it is painfully obvious that Elliot was right will have an impact.

Considering the first article i read asking scouts about his outburst, none of them thought it would hurt his status.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Counting down to The Game, here's another pretty good Michigan hype vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBwefQkeL1A

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Another vid on my countdown list (made by a Buckeye, but balanced even so; pretty long in the tooth by this point, though):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPQR7RTrz4

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Hate Week continues; this time, The Taiwanese Animators get involved:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHeLCDtQVo

Note that even the Taiwanese can tell the good guys from the bad guys in this game.

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

As a lifelong, fervent fan of the Hawkeyes I'm amped about their unbeaten record and #4 ranking.  :w00t:

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2015, 05:12:33 PM
As a lifelong, fervent fan of the Hawkeyes I'm amped about their unbeaten record and #4 ranking.  :w00t:

If Michigan doesn't make the B10 title game, I'll be happy to see Iowa be the B10 team that gets slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The Friday of Hate Week is like Christmas Eve for Michigan or Ohio State fans.

My prediction:

Bayraktar!