Dutch Muslim Students Resist Holocaust Education

Started by jimmy olsen, April 07, 2015, 12:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2015, 08:06:23 AM
Okay, Tim.  You go to the Netherlands and tell these muslim students how they're a lot like Jews.  Just make sure we have your dental records beforehand.

Holy deliberately misunderstanding an argument, Batman!

Besides, I don't think anyone needs to tell a Muslim how much like Jews they are, especially Muslim men.  They are reminded every time they take a piss or make a meal.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2015, 01:20:43 AM
Well punish the "some pupils." I don't recall having right in school to disrupt class / say bigoted things.

Yep.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2015, 08:26:57 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2015, 08:06:23 AM
Okay, Tim.  You go to the Netherlands and tell these muslim students how they're a lot like Jews.  Just make sure we have your dental records beforehand.

Holy deliberately misunderstanding an argument, Batman!

Besides, I don't think anyone needs to tell a Muslim how much like Jews they are, especially Muslim men.  They are reminded every time they take a piss or make a meal.

We could also introduce them to Siege.

derspiess

How do you know that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2015, 08:39:13 AM

How do you know that?

Have someone explain "kosher/halal" and "circumcision" to you, then you will understand how I know. :smarty:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

I think that's your other-ization of Jews and Mooselimbs talking, g.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2015, 10:16:20 AM
:lmfao:  I was just speaking of this yesterday with a Jewish holocaust survivor and a Muslim refugee from Yemen.  I think you are projecting; both of the features I mentioned are actual features of those religions, not some generalized 'other" with which you seem to brand Jews and Muslims (and who knows who else).

But, please, continue with your bogus psychobabble.  it makes a refreshing change from the bullshit political babble.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2015, 11:42:48 AM
:lmfao:  I was just speaking of this yesterday with a Jewish holocaust survivor and a Muslim refugee from Yemen. 
Were both of them circumcised?

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2015, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2015, 10:16:20 AM
:lmfao:  I was just speaking of this yesterday with a Jewish holocaust survivor and a Muslim refugee from Yemen.  I think you are projecting; both of the features I mentioned are actual features of those religions, not some generalized 'other" with which you seem to brand Jews and Muslims (and who knows who else).

But, please, continue with your bogus psychobabble.  it makes a refreshing change from the bullshit political babble.

"Some of my best friends are Jews and Yemeni Muslims"  :rolleyes:

Keep digging, g.

Eddie Teach

I'm sure this wasn't the case when grumbler sailed over on the Mayflower, but it's actually quite common for Americans of non-Jewish, non-Muslim descent to be circumcised. It's neither a source of shared identity nor something one thinks about every time they piss.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

I am circumcised and once went through a phase where I didn't eat pork.  OMG I'M SO MUCH LIKE A JEWSLIM

Malthus

The more significant issue is that having similarities does not necessarily breed empathy.

Religious Jews, Muslims and Christians all know they share the same god, but historically it hasn't made them empatize with each other much, exactly - other than that Muslim "people of the book" thing, by which Muslims agree to not kill Jews & Christians who agree to take second-class status.  ;) Not sure sharing food and circumcision rituals would do more for inter-communial empathy than sharing a god.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2015, 12:18:19 PM
I once went through a phase where I didn't eat pork. 

What were you punishing yourself for?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

QuoteThe more significant issue is that having similarities does not necessarily breed empathy.

Religious Jews, Muslims and Christians all know they share the same god, but historically it hasn't made them empatize with each other much, exactly - other than that Muslim "people of the book" thing, by which Muslims agree to not kill Jews & Christians who agree to take second-class status.  ;) Not sure sharing food and circumcision rituals would do more for inter-communial empathy than sharing a god.
I dunno.
Christians have always tended to treat Jews better than Pagans.
They were still scum but not quite of the kill them on sight variety. Usually.

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2015, 12:56:41 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 07, 2015, 12:51:27 AM
I would think that one way to approach the matter would be to draw comparison between the way that Jews were stigmatized in prewar Europe and the way Muslims are currently.

This worked so well in the US when trying to get black people to support gay rights. ;)
The civil rights/gay rights parallel is painfully bad.
██████
██████
██████