Main Menu

Baseball 2015

Started by derspiess, April 06, 2015, 10:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2015, 04:29:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2015, 11:05:20 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 13, 2015, 10:57:38 PM
It is more geographically convenient and puts both Texas teams in the same division.

It shits all over fifty years of baseball history. Why not move the Cubs or the Mets or the Dodgers then? They are even closer to an AL team.
Because they were not an NL central team that could fit geographically into the AL west? Not complicated.

The Gulf of Mexico is on the West Coast now? Interesting geography.

This was done so Selig could keep his club in the NL. Everything had to be sacrificed so this bizarre objective could be achieved.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

If the Dodgers win there are no good teams left.
Might as well nuke the playoffs from orbit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2015, 10:37:11 PM
It is more geographically convenient and puts both Texas teams in the same division.

It shits all over fifty years of baseball history. Why not move the Cubs or the Mets or the Dodgers then? They are even closer to an AL team.
Because they were not an NL central team that could fit geographically into the AL west? Not complicated.

The Gulf of Mexico is on the West Coast now?
C'mon Valmy, we already know he sucks at spelling, can you be surprised geography isn't his strong suit either?

Valmy

And of course both Texas teams choke horribly. The Rangers at least went quietly  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Tim has been spending too much time staring at alt-plate tectonic maps. He probably has thought through the implications of the different pangea breakup scenarios on MLB divisions.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2015, 05:47:20 PM
I didn't have a dog in the Toronto/Texas fight but the behavior of the Toronto fans compels me to root for the Rangers.

Dallas fans: 'So...Toronto is like Philadelphia but with the metric system?'

Ouch Toronto. Ouch.

jimmy olsen

This was done so Selig could keep his club in the NL. Everything had to be sacrificed so this bizarre objective could be achieved.

Texas has traditionally been considered out west.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on October 14, 2015, 10:38:25 PM

The Gulf of Mexico is on the West Coast now?
C'mon Valmy, we already know he sucks at spelling, can you be surprised geography isn't his strong suit either?
Certified to teach Geography in the great state of Rhode Island & Providence Plantations.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Thanks again for demonstrating the downfall of America.

Razgovory

Rhode Island isn't that great.  It's not really an island and it doesn't even have that big statue like the Greek one did.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Man oh man - Royals vs Blue Jays.  It's like 1985 all over again.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2015, 11:04:36 PM
It's like 1985 all over again.  :cool:

1908. Facial hair is even back in style.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2015, 10:48:37 PM

Pittsburgh was out west too at one point. Lets put them in the west division and have Tim explain to them why they have to spend a gazillion hours on flights to the west coast each year.

It is easy to make fun of Tim, but he really seems ready to lead conference football realignment. Notre Dame and Louisville for the Atlantic Coast Conference and Utah and Colorado for the Pacific 12?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on October 14, 2015, 11:13:24 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2015, 10:48:37 PM

Pittsburgh was out west too at one point. Lets put them in the west division and have Tim explain to them why they have to spend a gazillion hours on flights to the west coast each year.

It is easy to make fun of Tim, but he really seems ready to lead conference football realignment. Notre Dame and Louisville for the Atlantic Coast Conference and Utah and Colorado for the Pacific 12?
The Texas Rangers were already in the AL West.

Adding Milwaukee would have added a lot more miles to the odometer than adding Houston would if that's what you're worried about.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

An amusing little baseball tale:

I was comming home from work through the underground towards the subway. It was just after rush hour, so there were only a few people in the corridors ... when I heard ahead of me what sounded like a feral roar of rage. Wondering what the hell was happening, I looked up to see, at the end of the corrodor, a crowd - that was about half cops - yelling, screaming, and waving fists in the air. Riot? Murder? No - they were watching the baseball game on the big-screen TV right by King Station.

Apparently, the umpire had made a call the crowd disagreed with, that allowed the other team to score, and they were furious about it. On the screen, you could see angry fans throwing stuff onto the field.

I wondered why there were so many cops just standing around watching the game on TV, but then realized - King Station is really close to Rogers Field, where the game they were watching was being played at this very moment. The cops were there, presumably, to control the crowds when they left the stadium. Though these particular cops looked just as riled up as everyone else - if there was a fan riot, it looked to me like they would join in.  :lol:

Anyway, I decided to stay for a couple of minutes, and ended up watching the rest of that inning - it surely was an odd one. After that call that angered the crowd, Texas could do nothing right. Their players kept dropping the ball, and finally our team scored a bunch of runs off of a massive hit.

There were still a couple of innings to go, but I realized it would be really dumb to hang about until the game was over - then thousands of fans would descend on the station. Also, it looked like our team had a big lead, and I was hungry. So I went home. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius