[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Knowing Hungarian customs, it will still be about a couple of weeks before I get my copy of this game, but lets start organizing anyhow.

You can search for the game on boardgamegeek.com and receive tons of info.

Basically, we can have 6 players. Lacking a CB module, I will be GM, so I won't be playing.

You need to select your character from the list of ten:

Political Leaders: Laura Roslin, Gaius Baltar, Tom Zarek
Military Leaders: William Adama, Saul Tigh, Helo
Pilots: Starbuck (no, not a man), Apollo, Boomer
Support: Chief (Galen Tyrol)

Here is a list of them with skillz:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/40359

2 randomly and secretely determined of these 6 players will be Cylons.

The objective for the human players is to reach a distance of 8 (game term of course) while not running out any of the 4 resource: food, fuel, morale, population
The Cylon players win by stopping this from happening.

There are various crisises to deal with, like Cylon attacks potentially including centurions boarding Galactica.

Suspected Cylons can be sent to the Brig, and there are other fun elements. You can find the rules and lots of various short summaries, reviews, and session reports on BGG.

So I am looking for interested people. I plan on using my scanner, digital camera, and MS Paint to keep you guys updated with the board and your own cards.

If you want to play, name your character of choice. Try to balance the 3 categories (politics, military, pilots) in the team.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM
Knowing Hungarian customs, it will still be about a couple of weeks before I get my copy of this game, but lets start organizing anyhow.

Hungarian culture is weird.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

ehrie

I'll give this a go. Don't care who I play as.

Berkut

I will give it a try, although I suspect you will grow bored and the game will die painfully as we have to continually remind you to update the game.

I want to be: Bill Adama.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2009, 10:49:56 AM
I will give it a try, although I suspect you will grow bored and the game will die painfully as we have to continually remind you to update the game.

I want to be: Bill Adama.

:rolleyes: man, this will occupy my gaming table, so speed will be fast, on that you can count.

garbon

I'd be willing to try this out as Roslin. Although I don't want any kissy kissy stuff with Berkut.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2009, 11:43:12 AM
I'd be willing to try this out as Roslin. Although I don't want any kissy kissy stuff with Berkut.

INTERNET STANDARDS!

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2009, 11:50:24 AM
INTERNET STANDARDS!

I simply don't think it would be healthy for either of us to enter into something new right now. :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ehrie

Boy am I glad I didn't choose Adama. After pondering it some, I'll take Tigh. If there's a card where I walk in on Berkut and Garbon though I quit.

Habbaku

With the amount of interaction involved bringing this to a face-to-face play time of 4-5 hours, I can only wish you guys luck on this one.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

We don't know she was an angel.  She probably was just some sort of collective hallucination brought on by despair.

If she was an angel than surely she was a fallen one, luring those poor bastards to some planet and convincing them to commit mass suicide by devolving to a hunter gatherer society.

But I digress. Continue with the game.
PDH!

Josquius

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 19, 2009, 10:49:41 AM
We don't know she was an angel.  She probably was just some sort of collective hallucination brought on by despair.

If she was an angel than surely she was a fallen one, luring those poor bastards to some planet and convincing them to commit mass suicide by devolving to a hunter gatherer society.

But I digress. Continue with the game.
Did she make them do that?
Its been a while since I've seen it but I remember that being more Lee's idea.
So pretty much I imagine the angels all face palming.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2009, 11:12:17 AM
Did she make them do that?
Its been a while since I've seen it but I remember that being more Lee's idea.

Who do you think mind controlled Lee in to coming up with such a retarded idea?