[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 19, 2009, 11:25:04 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2009, 11:12:17 AM
Did she make them do that?
Its been a while since I've seen it but I remember that being more Lee's idea.

Who do you think mind controlled Lee in to coming up with such a retarded idea?
:punk:
PDH!

Tamas

The package has reached customs. It's only a matter of weeks now! :w00t:

Tamas

QuoteYour item cleared customs in HUNGARY at 3:06 PM on June 22, 2009.

:yeah:

PEOPLE WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR 3! I am ready to start in a couple of days, so those who will be playing, please start checking out the rules, when I will be done with the scans I will gather up all the necessary links as well but the rulebook ain't that hard to find on boardgamegeek.

The Admiral, Roslin, and Colonel Tigh has been taken, other characters are available. We would need a pilot most urgently. Neil should apply and play Starbuck I think. :D

Neil

Never.  The only thing Starbuck can do is drink, smoke, gamble, fight and have sex with attractive women.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2009, 11:30:53 AM
QuoteYour item cleared customs in HUNGARY at 3:06 PM on June 22, 2009.

:yeah:

PEOPLE WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR 3! I am ready to start in a couple of days, so those who will be playing, please start checking out the rules, when I will be done with the scans I will gather up all the necessary links as well but the rulebook ain't that hard to find on boardgamegeek.

The Admiral, Roslin, and Colonel Tigh has been taken, other characters are available. We would need a pilot most urgently. Neil should apply and play Starbuck I think. :D

I'm largely in the Neilesque "Starbuck is a man" camp, and have never seen the new series.    Is that required to play?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

frunk

Quote from: Neil on June 22, 2009, 12:02:01 PM
Never.  The only thing Starbuck can do is drink, smoke, gamble, fight and have sex with attractive women.

I don't see anything there that precludes a female Starbuck.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 22, 2009, 05:06:27 PM
I'm largely in the Neilesque "Starbuck is a man" camp, and have never seen the new series.    Is that required to play?
From the replays I have seen, yes, because mostr of the players got a lot of fun out of the roleplaying.  I suppose it isn't technically necessary, but rather practically necessary. 

I have only seen half the show (got tired of it in the third season, dropped it, and never looked back) and I am not considering playing because I couldn't roleplay my character properly.

It does look like loads of fun, though, for those really into the series.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: frunk on June 22, 2009, 08:12:08 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 22, 2009, 12:02:01 PM

I don't see anything there that precludes a female Starbuck.
There is no homosexuality in scifi.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Well, there is a session report by someone who and his group never saw the series and keep raving about the game. So I would not be too concerned.

Yes roleplay is fun and I hope we will have it, but it can't be completely true to the series anyway because you don't know who is a cylon and who is not. BTW there are also "sleeping agents" so about halfway through the game there is an other round of dealing allegiance cards and either there can be a new cylon (or not) and there is also a "simphatizer" card, which if received by a cylon means he/she switches sides alá' the Boomer who stayed with the humans.

Tamas

Altough clearly knowledge of the series help in immersion. Like in the rulebook there is an example Crisis card "The Olympic Carrier": you had to see the series to know what a pivotal moment that was

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on June 22, 2009, 08:46:03 PM

I have only seen half the show (got tired of it in the third season, dropped it, and never looked back) and I am not considering playing because I couldn't roleplay my character properly.

The first expansion is just out and it deals with Battlestar Pegasus and New Caprica, so this game we are playing supposed to be about maybe what, season 1?  :P
If you are interested, you should definetly join.

Tamas

Teh game has arrived!

I am hoping to be able to set it up tonight, and send each players their loyalty cards.

If no one else wants to play (I sure hope they do), we have:

Berkus as Bill Adama
farbon as Laura Roslin
ehrie as Saul Tigh

One of them will be Admiral, one will be President. And one of them is a cylon...

I would not mind Habbaku and/or grumbler jumping in on this, the latter especially since he has a big experience on participating in GMed games.

Tamas

frunk

If you are going to play with three I'd highly recommend Saul or Adama switching to a different character to get more variety in skills.  Otherwise you guys are going to be toast when certain cards come up.

Tamas

Quote from: frunk on June 23, 2009, 08:20:54 AM
If you are going to play with three I'd highly recommend Saul or Adama switching to a different character to get more variety in skills.  Otherwise you guys are going to be toast when certain cards come up.

Yes, I meant to write that but wanted to wait if there will be more players.