[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I may be willing to play but I have no knowledge of the setting, having never watched BG. Is this a problem?

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2009, 09:12:10 AM
I may be willing to play but I have no knowledge of the setting, having never watched BG. Is this a problem?

May be a bit, yes, in terms of not being able to roleplay as much as the guys we have so far.  But it would certainly not stop you from playing and enjoying the game.

You could perhaps be the son of Berkut:

Or Starbuck, who according to Neil should be a man, and was fucked by several male characters during the show:

Or, if Ehrie agrees to play a pilot, you could play the Chief Engineer:

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on June 22, 2009, 08:46:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 22, 2009, 05:06:27 PM
I'm largely in the Neilesque "Starbuck is a man" camp, and have never seen the new series.    Is that required to play?
From the replays I have seen, yes, because mostr of the players got a lot of fun out of the roleplaying.  I suppose it isn't technically necessary, but rather practically necessary. 

I have only seen half the show (got tired of it in the third season, dropped it, and never looked back) and I am not considering playing because I couldn't roleplay my character properly.

I don't think that there is any need to RP a character "properly" at all. In fact, it would be more interesting to have someone who is NOT going to try to be the character as defined by the show necessarily.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

All right, then, I will join as Starbuck (I think the group has all the leadership it needs).  Just don't expect any of the "witty" Starbuck banter.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

If you cannot find a 6th I will give the game a try.  I read one of the finished games posted at boardgamegeek and have somewhat of a feel for the game but have never played a board game online like this.  I did watch most BSG episodes although with few on DVD it has been a while.

Tamas

Quote from: JacobL on June 23, 2009, 11:36:02 AM
If you cannot find a 6th I will give the game a try.  I read one of the finished games posted at boardgamegeek and have somewhat of a feel for the game but have never played a board game online like this.  I did watch most BSG episodes although with few on DVD it has been a while.

Well Marty is not certain yet and no one else showed interest, so you are in! Choose your character. With Marty haven't choosing yet, we have two military leaders, a political, and a pilot. So you are basically free to choose, I am not certain how important the Chief is, TBH.

JacobL

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2009, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: JacobL on June 23, 2009, 11:36:02 AM

Well Marty is not certain yet and no one else showed interest, so you are in! Choose your character. With Marty haven't choosing yet, we have two military leaders, a political, and a pilot. So you are basically free to choose, I am not certain how important the Chief is, TBH.
From the talking they were doing it sounded like the chief is not highly important compared to others although the game I read had some damaged vipers sitting around and that there needs to be someone in a full game with engineering skills. If we don't get any more politics people I will be Baltar but am interested in trying the chief if we get other politics.

grumbler

Jake, we could also use Apollo, and he has some political skill.

Being able to pilot the Vipers when the Hanger Bay is damaged could be crucial.

Balthar does look like more fun, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Quote from: grumbler on June 23, 2009, 12:37:39 PM
Jake, we could also use Apollo, and he has some political skill.

Being able to pilot the Vipers when the Hanger Bay is damaged could be crucial.

Balthar does look like more fun, though.
Ya...I will just wait to see who the 5th taken character is then.  Really do need some pilots.

Martinus

Jacob, if this is fine with you, I'd like to get Balthar. I read backstories on BG wiki and he seemed like most fun. :P

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 23, 2009, 01:43:51 PM
Jacob, if this is fine with you, I'd like to get Baltar. I read backstories on BG wiki and he seemed like most fun. :P
I can SO see you as Balthar!  :lol:

I think his special abilities look like they would be the most fun - especially if he is a Cylon.

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Since Jacob looked to be flexible, I am going to assume he takes Apollo, feel free to choose otherwise.

Here is Baltar for Marty:

Tamas

Okay, Jacob can still change his character, but if he does not, here is the player list:

Berkut: William Adama
garbon: Laura Roslin
ehrie: Colonel Tigh
grumbler: Starbuck
Martinus: Gaius Baltar
JacobL: Apollo

I will be sending you guys pics I gathered, including the character sheets, the presidental ship, and Galactica. I will also write up the text of the locations for clarity.

What I need you to do, is check your character sheet, you see how many and what type of skill cards you will normaly draw during a turn. But for start, everyone but Berkut (I randomized him to be the first player) needs to choose a total of 3 cards (in regards to their type), and I will draw them for you. So for example Marty may decide to draw 2 politics and an engineering card.

I will also need Jacob and Marty to PM me their e-mail addresses (I think I have everyone else).
When you make your skill-draw selection, I will send scans of the cards, and your Loyalty cards

EDIT: all the relevant character sheets are in this thread so don't wait until I send the e-mails out :P

Berkut

So what about poor me? I don't get any cards?

When can I accuse grumbler of being a Cylon? I have always suspected he was.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

I'll take 2 tactics and a piloting card, and leave Baltar to collect an engineering card.

Bayraktar!