Languish, help me plan a Euro vacation. Rome, Paris and London.

Started by lustindarkness, February 17, 2015, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2015, 02:29:28 PM
Watch out for gypsy pickpocket kids in Rome, especially around the Vatican.  They work in teams, so if you see one kid coming from your front with a sign about being hungry blah blah, watch out for his crew coming from your sides.

I once worked with an Army NCO who, most of the time, seemed to be one of the most nicest, laid-back people I had met, and then she mentioned, with an edgy passion,  traveling in Europe and the necessity of giving begging gypsy kids a merciless boot to the face.

mongers

Quote from: capturedfairy on February 24, 2015, 02:26:24 PM
it is a five minute walk to metro.  :)

ok so we have everything booked!!!!! Scary. Because it just became real. this is what we have:

flight out May 24th to Rome
25-29 Rome at Gli Scipioni B&B
29 Flying out from Rome to Paris on Alitalia
29-june 2nd Paris at Hotel Joyce Astotel
June2-06 London Strand Palace Hotel
06 flying back home.

Any volunteers to guise us or hang out???

And you were do so well.  :(

Do I need to spell it out, Avoid Langhistes, they'll lead you on death marches, take you to odd character/less boozers and you'll miss/not remember the rest of the day and evening.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 24, 2015, 02:39:10 PM
I once worked with an Army NCO who, most of the time, seemed to be one of the most nicest, laid-back people I had met, and then she mentioned, with an edgy passion,  traveling in Europe and the necessity of giving begging gypsy kids a merciless boot to the face.

Was she hott?  :)

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2015, 02:45:21 PM

You'd forgive a racist if she were Hott?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

I wouldn't say she was an all-around racist.  Just specifically begging gypsies. 

The Brain

Fucking beggars. Merciless boot to the face vs merciful shotgun blast to the face.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2015, 02:45:21 PM

She was probably as round as she was short, but oddly, the curves worked it out all proportionately.  But, her sweet demeanor was very much in a motherly-like way (she was probably near 40 to my 29 at the time).

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

I wonder if beating the crap out of a pickpocket would get me in trouble? :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Richard Hakluyt

I had my pocket picked by a gang of barefoot urchins in Rome in 1988, luckily I noticed almost immediately and raised a hue and cry. The Romans rose to the occasion magnificently and apprehended the blighters, called the police etc etc. The wallet was found in a nearby litter bin with its contents intact.

The cops explained the situation to me. The kids were below the age of criminality so could only be held for a limited time. There were adults behind the gangs but it was hard to establish a link. If the kids didn't thieve enough they could expect to get a good beating once they got home. All in all a horrible situation  :(

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: capturedfairy on February 24, 2015, 01:48:22 PM
Hotel Joyce - Astotel
3.0 of 5
29 rue la Bruyere, 75009 Paris, France   how does this one sound? I just want to feel safe. dont care if we need to ride the metro.

Neighborhood is fine, you're even not far away to a German Lutheran church if you really, really need it.
Not sure if Lustindarkness will appreciate being within walking distance of the big department stores such as Printemps or Galeries Lafayette though ;)

Maladict

When I was in Moscow in the 90s I was advised by various people, mostly westerners, to "hit any gypsy kid walking up to you as hard as you can, because you only get one chance".
Fortunately the situation never presented itself.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on February 24, 2015, 04:14:25 PM
Don't you see gypsies in the Netherlands?

Not really. I mean there are gypsies, of course, but they tend to keep to their trailer parks. Unless you happen to live nearby, you'd have to seek them out.