News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

so my dad just had a heart attack

Started by Razgovory, February 16, 2015, 05:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2018, 10:57:59 PM
My father died today.  The hospital called me and said that he didn't have much time left, so I called up my immediate family (my sister had come down the day before), and we sat there watched has expired.  God, that was gruesome.

Raz, I am sorry.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

katmai

Your pops seemed to be one tough SOB. Sorry Raz about his death.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

My father died today.  The hospital called me and said that he didn't have much time left, so I called up my immediate family (my sister had come down the day before), and we sat there watched has expired.  God, that was gruesome.

I am so sorry Raz. We all know this day is coming for most of us, if it has not already, and I can only imagine how painful it must be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2018, 11:44:25 PM

I am so sorry Raz. We all know this day is coming for most of us, if it has not already,

Are some of us posting from the great beyond? :unsure:

My condolences Raz.  May your father rest in peace.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2018, 11:51:12 PM

I am so sorry Raz. We all know this day is coming for most of us, if it has not already,

I meant the deaths of our parents dude. Raz himself didn't die.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2018, 12:21:25 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2018, 11:51:12 PM

I meant the deaths of our parents dude. Raz himself didn't die.

There was some ambiguity in your statement, and I thought a little levity might be appreciated by Raz. :)

We just went through the death of Mrs. B's dad this past summer.  I know what it's like - it sucks.  If I could bring a smile to Raz's face though I was going to go for it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

There was some ambiguity in your statement, and I thought a little levity might be appreciated by Raz. :)

We just went through the death of Mrs. B's dad this past summer.  I know what it's like - it sucks.  If I could bring a smile to Raz's face though I was going to go for it.

Gotcha. I will keep this in mind should I ever need a funeral comedian :P

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2018, 12:37:14 AM
I thought a little levity might be appreciated by Raz. :)

Dude, don't be a douche.  The person at the center of this should be the one to initiate levity.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Richard Hakluyt