News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

so my dad just had a heart attack

Started by Razgovory, February 16, 2015, 05:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2018, 10:57:59 PM
My father died today.  The hospital called me and said that he didn't have much time left, so I called up my immediate family (my sister had come down the day before), and we sat there watched has expired.  God, that was gruesome.

So sorry to hear this. :console:

God bless you and your family. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2018, 10:57:59 PM
My father died today.  The hospital called me and said that he didn't have much time left, so I called up my immediate family (my sister had come down the day before), and we sat there watched has expired.  God, that was gruesome.

Raz, my sincere condolences to you and your family.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grinning_Colossus

I'm sorry, Raz. That's a hell of a thing to go through.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Camerus

Caliga

I am so sorry for your loss, Raz.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2018, 01:44:30 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

There was some ambiguity in your statement, and I thought a little levity might be appreciated by Raz. :)

We just went through the death of Mrs. B's dad this past summer.  I know what it's like - it sucks.  If I could bring a smile to Raz's face though I was going to go for it.

Gotcha. I will keep this in mind should I ever need a funeral comedian :P

Eh, it's okay.  I think I'm taking it well.  This was something I knew was coming, and it didn't shock me.  I've seen him pull out of so many nose-dives I thought he would do so again, but in the back of my mind I always knew this was an eventuality.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

citizen k

My condolences, Razgovory. I hope things get better for you. Take comfort in that his suffering has ended.  :cry:

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

celedhring

My deepest condolences Raz. I hope that you and the rest of your family can pull through this.