Home Schooled Girl Can't Prove She's an American – or Even Exists

Started by jimmy olsen, February 16, 2015, 03:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 08:05:23 AM
Quote from: dps on February 17, 2015, 07:37:00 AM
And I suspect that she needs to get into the Federal courts, and not fool around with the Texas courts.

Why do you figure?

She's apparently at an impasse with the Texas legal system. so the next step is to try the Feds, and in Federal court I think she'd have a pretty good case that she's being denied her civil rights.

QuoteDon't the Feds need a birth certificate?

Just to file a suit?  I don't think so, but I could be wrong about that.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: mongers on February 16, 2015, 05:23:02 PM
Sounds like she exited or escaped from a cult, so should be given the appropriate government help.

This is another mainstream media attack on the home school movement. While things like this "might" happen (I have yet to see the proof), they forget to mention all the very well educated children in the home school movement. What really bothers the liberals is that these kids are free of the brainwashing happening in the all the public schools.

Let's face it, all education is a form of brainwashing. Liberals control the public educational system and want everybody to go through their programing. Parents have the right to choose what type of brainwashing to give their kids. I choose private jewish zionist sefardic school. Thanks good bye.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on February 18, 2015, 02:27:11 PM
This is another mainstream media attack on the home school movement.

No it isn't.  It is an attack on breaking the law by not reporting a birth to the State so citizenship can be secured.

QuoteLiberals control the public educational system and want everybody to go through their programing.

Not in Texas they don't so...you really have no relevant point here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

The problem in this case isn't the home schooling, it's the fact that her birth wasn't registered.

There's some dodgy things in the story, though.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on February 18, 2015, 02:35:21 PM
The problem in this case isn't the home schooling, it's the fact that her birth wasn't registered.

:yes:

QuoteThere's some dodgy things in the story, though.

Yes it seems to be saying something that seems pretty straightforward as being some grand tragedy or impossible conundrum.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

To be honest, I find it difficult to believe that you can't go before a judge at all in Texas without documentation as to your identity.  Perhaps she should take the opportunity to go on a crime spree, since apparently she can't be tried.  :)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: dps on February 18, 2015, 02:45:45 PM
To be honest, I find it difficult to believe that you can't go before a judge at all in Texas without documentation as to your identity.  Perhaps she should take the opportunity to go on a crime spree, since apparently she can't be tried.  :)
I think that she is saying that she cannot appear in front of a judge to apply for a delayed birth certificate without documentation.  That's the context, anyway.  I'd be astonished if people who had no ID on them couldn't appear in front of a judge no matter what.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2015, 02:37:50 PM
Quote from: dps on February 18, 2015, 02:35:21 PM

:yes:

QuoteThere's some dodgy things in the story, though.

Yes it seems to be saying something that seems pretty straightforward as being some grand tragedy or impossible conundrum.

I don't think the home schooling is an issue, especially if the parents were 'normal' in all other respects. But it together with the lack of birth registrations are signs of more asocial behaviour by the parents, perhaps they wanted to insulate her from the outside word or dominated her life and freedom.

After all the grand parents did appear to 'rescue' her from them, so something a bit odd is going on in the parents world-view.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 19, 2015, 10:55:29 AM
perhaps they wanted to insulate her from the outside word or dominated her life and freedom.

Perhaps they were were just morons.