News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HSBC leaks

Started by Sheilbh, February 09, 2015, 11:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I agree with Jacob - only the guilty have something to hide.

Monoriu

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2015, 01:21:14 AM

My mother-in-law was born in a landowning family in mainland China.  Her family lost everything when the communists took over, and they moved to Hong Kong.  She still keeps a substantial part of her savings in an overseas bank account due to her distrust of the communists.  She is just a retired police sergeant, BTW. 

Martinus

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2015, 01:38:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2015, 01:21:14 AM

My mother-in-law was born in a landowning family in mainland China.  Her family lost everything when the communists took over, and they moved to Hong Kong.  She still keeps a substantial part of her savings in an overseas bank account due to her distrust of the communists.  She is just a retired police sergeant, BTW. 
Someone finally understands while banking secrecy is a must for many honest people.  Of course, it had to be Mono. :)
You're my favorite Chinese with a Canadian passport on Languish now&forever :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I do like how media make their titles:
Ottawa gains 1349 bank files  The article is in french, couldn't be bothered to find the english link.

Anyway.  Once you read through the article, it says 154 of these files are double, 801 had nothing in it and only 394 had been judged "high risk".  Overblown story on our side, methinks.  Not that it's not a good thing to go after criminals and other people evading taxes, but it's far from the solution to all problems as the left would like us to believe.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.