News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ok, we are now all old farts...but 'fess up

Started by PDH, February 08, 2015, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on February 09, 2015, 10:24:08 AM
41.  Some days I feel like I'm in my 20s and others I feel like I'm in my 60s.  Come to think of it, a day I feel like 20-something is usually followed by a day I feel like a 60-something.

Strangely enough, I always thought you were a couple of years my senior.  :blush:

dps

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2015, 07:37:18 AM

Gray and white hairs are starting to show up in my goatee though. 

Yeah, the hair on my head is still has only a little gray, but my goatee is almost entirely gray.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on February 09, 2015, 01:32:34 PM
Yeah, the hair on my head is still has only a little gray, but my goatee is almost entirely gray.

Me too.  Looks kinda neat, actually.   :D

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2015, 01:48:04 PM
Quote from: dps on February 09, 2015, 01:32:34 PM

Me too.  Looks kinda neat, actually.   :D

I'd be captain Ahab/Birdseye if I left it two weeks.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

I need not to shave for 3-4 days if I want to look like I have a five o'clock shadow.  :P

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on February 09, 2015, 03:19:09 PM
I need not to shave for 3-4 days if I want to look like I have a five o'clock shadow.  :P
I need to not shave for about 15 minutes to achieve that look. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Sometimes I think I should grow a beard. But then it would be too much of a hassle.

Siege

Quote from: Syt on February 09, 2015, 01:00:22 AM
Quote from: Jaron on February 09, 2015, 12:54:02 AM
I'm 35 now!

Just for the record, when Languish was new and I was the terror of the forums (at least in my own mind) I was 23. :)

Remind me, what was your original user name on the previous incarnations of the forum? "Jaron" doesn't ring a bell.

:lol:

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

43 and getting younger.

By the way, why is it that we have no new people?
What is the market dynamic that keeps people away from massively joining Languish and making this a success equal to Facebook?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on February 09, 2015, 03:34:36 PM
43 and getting younger.

What is the market dynamic that keeps people away from massively joining Languish and making this a success equal to Facebook?

We suffer from the monopolistic over-regulatory tyranny of vM.  New people cannot join even if they want to I think....not that many want to.  Our marketing leaves something to be desired.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Remind me, who's in the marketing department now?

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2015, 03:36:39 PM
Quote from: Siege on February 09, 2015, 03:34:36 PM
43 and getting younger.

We suffer from the monopolistic over-regulatory tyranny of vM.  New people cannot join even if they want to I think....not that many want to.  Our marketing leaves something to be desired.

Because "come, watch the sad old farts bitching at each other - oh, and if you do, they will aim all their bitchery at you until you go away" lacks a certain something.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

36. No thinning, no gray hairs, no mortgage, no wife, no kids. What have I done all this time?