Ok, we are now all old farts...but 'fess up

Started by PDH, February 08, 2015, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on February 09, 2015, 04:44:50 AM
I'm 37. No grays, no thinning.
Same. :cool:

Gray and white hairs are starting to show up in my goatee though.  I remove them as quickly as I find them. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Fate

I'm 28 years old.

How long as this place been around, since the early 2000s? I can't remember how I even came upon this forum. Must have been some hyperlink from EU OT.

lustindarkness

42, but my knees are about 57. Thinning on top, greys in beard. Very happy where my life is right now. 
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: Fate on February 09, 2015, 07:39:47 AM
I'm 28 years old.

How long as this place been around, since the early 2000s? I can't remember how I even came upon this forum. Must have been some hyperlink from EU OT.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

47  <_<

Strangely I'm reminded of that cute Dane who got circumcised on a whim; what was his name again?  And TopCat...  wonder if he made it as he wanted.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on February 09, 2015, 08:47:20 AM
47  <_<

Strangely I'm reminded of that cute Dane who got circumcised on a whim; what was his name again?  And TopCat...  wonder if he made it as he wanted.

G.

KC4.

mongers

Damn, 'we' been in this abusive relationship That long.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: dps on February 09, 2015, 01:16:09 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2015, 12:18:30 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 08, 2015, 11:59:46 PM
28. I'm amazed that I'm the youngest so far.

I took a road trip yesterday to the neighborhood I grew up in--my childhood best friend is a new first-time Daddy and visiting his father at the old house; they're starting to pack him up so he could move in with them.

Most interesting thing about the old neighborhood is there are no children.  All the children we grew up with, grew up and moved off;  most of the homeowners stayed and got old.  Those that turned over homes turned them over to other childless adults.

The entire neighborhood is is reaching the end of its generational life cycle.  Kinda weird to look at it that way.  But Languish is too.

The neighborhood I grew up in was already like that 40 years ago..  My brother and I, and a few kids 2-5 years older than me, were the only children living in the neighborhood when I was a kid.  By the time I was a senior in high school, I think my brother and I were the only people living there who under 50.

I bought and live in my childhood home and most of the older residents have died or moved away, some in with their kids. There are still a few left but for a  while now there are a number of newer families with children. When I was a kid all the neighborhood streets had twenty or so kids, which is about what my street had when I count it up. So there aren't as many kids as in my childhood but the neighborhood has gone through some change from old timers to new families with kids.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

derspiess

41.  Some days I feel like I'm in my 20s and others I feel like I'm in my 60s.  Come to think of it, a day I feel like 20-something is usually followed by a day I feel like a 60-something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on February 09, 2015, 10:24:08 AM
41.  Some days I feel like I'm in my 20s and others I feel like I'm in my 60s.  Come to think of it, a day I feel like 20-something is usually followed by a day I feel like a 60-something.

When you feel like a 60something, do you feel like feeling a 20-something?  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on February 09, 2015, 08:51:42 AM
Damn, 'we' been in this abusive relationship That long.  :hmm:

If you would just listen, we'd stop hitting you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on February 09, 2015, 10:27:08 AM
When you feel like a 60something, do you feel like feeling a 20-something?  :P

Yep.  At least in that sense I haven't aged much.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

29.  Sorry, Colossus, you're still the youngest. :blush:
Experience bij!