News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ok, we are now all old farts...but 'fess up

Started by PDH, February 08, 2015, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I'm 35 now!

Just for the record, when Languish was new and I was the terror of the forums (at least in my own mind) I was 23. :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fireblade

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2015, 12:18:30 AM
The entire neighborhood is is reaching the end of its generational life cycle.  Kinda weird to look at it that way.  But Languish is too.

That's because we tried our hardest to run off anyone new. ;)

31. :(

Jaron

So we don't have much new blood...so as weird as it is to think about as Languish members die off in the next 20-30 years our community will truly be dead. I somehow thought of Languish as something that'd always be here. But we've always been a community of people. There isn't any kind of idea or topic here to draw new people in. We're just old acquaintances and friends who've used this as our medium to stay in touch.

Syt

Quote from: Jaron on February 09, 2015, 12:54:02 AM
I'm 35 now!

Just for the record, when Languish was new and I was the terror of the forums (at least in my own mind) I was 23. :)

Remind me, what was your original user name on the previous incarnations of the forum? "Jaron" doesn't ring a bell.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Quote from: Syt on February 09, 2015, 01:00:22 AM
Quote from: Jaron on February 09, 2015, 12:54:02 AM
I'm 35 now!

Remind me, what was your original user name on the previous incarnations of the forum? "Jaron" doesn't ring a bell.

K. Johan.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 08, 2015, 11:59:46 PM
28. I'm amazed that I'm the youngest so far.

I took a road trip yesterday to the neighborhood I grew up in--my childhood best friend is a new first-time Daddy and visiting his father at the old house; they're starting to pack him up so he could move in with them.

Most interesting thing about the old neighborhood is there are no children.  All the children we grew up with, grew up and moved off;  most of the homeowners stayed and got old.  Those that turned over homes turned them over to other childless adults.

The entire neighborhood is is reaching the end of its generational life cycle.  Kinda weird to look at it that way.  But Languish is too.

Nah. You are just 44. DGuller can post the actuarial tables, but odds are we have decades of going back and forth over the same old shit.  :)

Also, there is a new generation of languishites coming up. I think one of the youngsters is even named Tim, which will be a great replacement for our own Tim once his students rise up and massacre him for teaching them the deeply flawed version of english he knows.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

39, turning 40 next month.

It sometimes depresses me that I can officially call myself "middle aged", but I have to remind myself I'm still pretty much on track with the vague life goals I had.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

[quote author=alfred russel link=topic=12483.msg841398#msg841398 date=1423461813
Also, there is a new generation of languishites coming up. I think one of the youngsters is even named Tim, which will be a great replacement for our own Tim once his students rise up and massacre him for teaching them the deeply flawed version of english he knows.
[/quote]

:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

dps

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 08, 2015, 11:59:46 PM
28. I'm amazed that I'm the youngest so far.

I took a road trip yesterday to the neighborhood I grew up in--my childhood best friend is a new first-time Daddy and visiting his father at the old house; they're starting to pack him up so he could move in with them.

Most interesting thing about the old neighborhood is there are no children.  All the children we grew up with, grew up and moved off;  most of the homeowners stayed and got old.  Those that turned over homes turned them over to other childless adults.

The neighborhood I grew up in was already like that 40 years ago..  My brother and I, and a few kids 2-5 years older than me, were the only children living in the neighborhood when I was a kid.  By the time I was a senior in high school, I think my brother and I were the only people living there who under 50. 

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on February 09, 2015, 01:06:12 AM
It sometimes depresses me that I can officially call myself "middle aged", but I have to remind myself I'm still pretty much on track with the vague life goals I had.

Not sure which one is more depressing.  :hmm:

Jaron

Maybe we'll all be reincarnated and can do it all over again.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on February 09, 2015, 01:16:48 AM
Maybe we'll all be reincarnated and can do it all over again.

I think you just defined hell.

Ideologue

Well, if Cloud Atlas is correct, in one transmigration or another I'll get to fuck Halle Berry.  SOLD.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)