Ok, we are now all old farts...but 'fess up

Started by PDH, February 08, 2015, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on February 08, 2015, 08:57:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 08, 2015, 08:54:37 PM
I am 37.

You look so young because you had green chili from El Conquistador before they closed.

Where do you go for Mexican food in Laramie now? :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on February 08, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

Where do you go for Mexican food in Laramie now? :(

A nice bunch of folks from the Californian town of Tijuana moved here and opened up a place.  It is nice, but they speak with a west-coast accent.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Sophie Scholl

Just turned 33 a few weeks ago.  As someone once said, "It's not the years, it's the mileage".
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 08, 2015, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 08, 2015, 08:14:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 08, 2015, 07:59:21 PM
43. Feel like I'm 60. Get off my lawn.
a man is only as old as the woman he feels, so Ed is like 18?

32.  :glare:

Uh oh... I thought your wife was younger than mine.

You're still ahead in the cradle robber tables by a couple of years as I'm 40.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

44.  I feel like I am 66 but I still act like I am 22 so it evens out.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grinning_Colossus

28. I'm amazed that I'm the youngest so far.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Syt

Turning 39 this year. Still refusing to grow up.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 08, 2015, 11:59:46 PM
28. I'm amazed that I'm the youngest so far.

I took a road trip yesterday to the neighborhood I grew up in--my childhood best friend is a new first-time Daddy and visiting his father at the old house; they're starting to pack him up so he could move in with them.

Most interesting thing about the old neighborhood is there are no children.  All the children we grew up with, grew up and moved off;  most of the homeowners stayed and got old.  Those that turned over homes turned them over to other childless adults.

The entire neighborhood is is reaching the end of its generational life cycle.  Kinda weird to look at it that way.  But Languish is too.