3 (60%)
Jaron
0 (0%)
I like this option
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on April 26, 2010, 09:08:53 PM
Oh yeah, and making me work 2 full time jobs, i.e. jury duty and my original job, is very ethical  :yucky:

Yeah because you would be the only person to have ever been so inconvenienced. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2010, 09:02:30 PM
IMO, making deliberately stupid statement to get out of a jury is very unethical.  There are fellow citizens out there whose fate lies in the hands of the jury, and all potential jurors should take their obligations seriously.
IMO, having juries is very unethical.  A society saying that justice isn't important enough to be trusted to professionals isn't worth saving.  And because my opinions carry the force of truth, that is the Order of Things.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 09:15:00 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 26, 2010, 09:08:53 PM
Oh yeah, and making me work 2 full time jobs, i.e. jury duty and my original job, is very ethical  :yucky:

Yeah because you would be the only person to have ever been so inconvenienced. :rolleyes:

Inconvenienced?  More like throwing me into living hell.  I've seen people who go to the courts from 9-5, then get back to the office from 5-1.  Day after day. 

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on April 26, 2010, 09:40:30 PM
Inconvenienced?  More like throwing me into living hell.  I've seen people who go to the courts from 9-5, then get back to the office from 5-1.  Day after day.
Why hasn't the PRC taken your juries away yet?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

What's your point? If I'd been selected for jury duty, I would have been expected to still get my work done.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 09:48:46 PM

What's your point? If I'd been selected for jury duty, I would have been expected to still get my work done.

The point is I won't go down without a fight - I'll do everything within legal limits so that I don't have to be a juror :contract:

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Monoriu on April 26, 2010, 09:51:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 09:48:46 PM

The point is I won't go down without a fight - I'll do everything legal so that I don't have to be a juror :contract:

Lying during jury selection isn't legal.  :contract:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Monoriu

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 26, 2010, 09:52:23 PM

Being prejudiced or stupid is definitely legal  :bowler:

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Monoriu on April 26, 2010, 09:53:51 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 26, 2010, 09:52:23 PM

Being prejudiced or stupid is definitely legal  :bowler:

But saying you are when you aren't isn't.   :licklips:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Monoriu

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 26, 2010, 09:54:57 PM

But saying you are when you aren't isn't.   :licklips:

I am interested to know how you can prove the statement "I will listen to the prosecutor only" to be lying :contract:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 09:05:47 PM
Thankfully (or not...?), I do legitimately dislike police.

How do you feel about Sting's solo career?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on April 26, 2010, 09:59:48 PM
I am interested to know how you can prove the statement "I will listen to the prosecutor only" to be lying :contract:

Statements on this board.

garbon

The point is I won't go down without a fight - I'll do everything within legal limits so that I don't have to be a juror :contract:

My point is: Don't be an ass, many have to suffer.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2010, 10:00:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 09:05:47 PM
Thankfully (or not...?), I do legitimately dislike police.

How do you feel about Sting's solo career?

Didn't say The Police. :hug:

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2010, 10:31:47 PM

My point is: Don't be an ass, many have to suffer.

Better them than me  :P